No more nerfs, buff the weaker instead

Using this philosophy, the top players in all classes would be speed running GR 150 in a couple of minutes after a few “buff” cycles.

Would that actually be worse than only Wizards, Necro, zbarb and zmonk being the only builds allowed to do gr 150?

That has been the pushing meta for the last several seasons, although thorns is getting nerfed which will be overtaken by sader if sader doesnt also get nerfed.

Nerfs are not the problem, in fact the D3 team’s reluctance to nerf anything is how we end up with ridiculous power creep and stupidly overpowered builds that outclass all others.

Both buffs and nerfs are needed for healthy game balance, but they need to be tactical, and done according to a consistent design philosophy – not by spinning a wheel which seems to be the current strategy.

5 Likes

Exactly, I would hope the nerfed the speed meta or pushing meta which has been either Starpact Wizard dps or RAT Necro dps. Both of these metas groups has been the same for the last 300 seasons but since they refuse to nerf Rat or Starpact wizard, we can only hope they buff everything else to their levels.

So what? The top players in the world will always be doing that. People need to quit crying about what a few no lifer, extreme paragon streamers are doing.

2 Likes

Previously, I made a thread (linked below) about the historical imbalances in the 4 man meta. Needless to say, I think the meta composition needs to be revisited. The fact that zDPS barbs and zDPS monks have been part of this meta always since season 4 is rather suboptimal in my mind. Also, we need to shake up the classes that can be DPS (Trash kiillers & RGK).

Well, last time they buffed something, they immediately removed the buff before going live. So I’m not very confident about how Blizzard can perform on this.

Exactly, the meta is so stale and has been the same forever. I suggest buffing all classes significantly since i don’t even care at this point since it is so boring playing the same stuff every season. Most people will not even play in groups that are not meta composisions so you have to either play that or wait searching in chat for 3 hours.

Since they refuse to nerf Star pact and Rat runs, they should just buff everything else wildly so at least we can have some options for groups to play in.

OP don’t worry, this game has been an Uber power creep since ROS, with nothing but damage multipliers.

More buffs are coming 100% guaranteed!!!

There will ALWAYS be a meta build. You cannot stop it, you cannot prevent it by buffs/nerfs. There will always be a superior build that does something faster then others. This is always true and is true for multitudes of games.

Always buffing and not nerfing is bad for games. Hell D3’s already has the issue of more buffs instead of nerfs as it is. We wouldn’t even have clears of 150 in the first place if it was done correctly. And remember we are already on the limit of GR’s. GRs cannot be added past 159 due to limitations of health’s value of 64bits.

1 Like

If the new sader set stays as it is, then the new meta for paragon farming will be 1 AoV sader and 3 supports. I agree that rats should have been needed but at least we might have another option.

Buffs, buffs, and even more buffs, let’s see if someone can get to GR 300 if the first day. What a mindless mechanic. Please do not bring GRs to D4. D3 is broken.

1 Like

Thats fine that there will always be a meta group comp or builds that is better than others. What is not fine is that the meta has been the same for 300 years.

Wizard, necro, zbarb, zmonk are the only builds you are allowed to run to push grifts. Rat necro, rat necro, zdps necro and zbarb are the best speed run composision for the past several seasons. Starpact wiz will still be number 1 next season although thorns necro got nerfed. Rat DPS will also still be the best once again in S19.

They should buff or nerf accordingly so the meta changes every season and we have different options to play.

Sure, make d4 different, but I’m talking about d3. I like the power creep. Surely I’m not the only one, considering how popular incremental games are

I mean, I’m fine if they want to buff others up to those levels but let’s be honest, they’re going to “overshoot” wildly at least once, causing a chain reaction of power creep.

“Buff only” is never going to work, in any game, ever.

1 Like

tell that to cookie clicker

D3 is the equivalent to that in hack and slash form. It’s all about getting bigger and bigger numbers every patch

More like 10,000% guaranteed… That seems to be what they’re handing out each buff nowadays.

Who gives a crap what a handful of full time players do.
How about we concentrate on the 90% plus.
Your tables and game philosophy are ridiculous,
most of us just want some fun.
Problem is Blizzard listens to troll posts from you, and a handful
of no lifers, most of us don’t play 23 hours a day per season.

1 Like

Initially, there was no GR in D3V and the game was still fun. Later on for the first handful of seasons, the idea that people would reach the top GR seemed such a distant possibility. I still enjoyed playing the game. My fun is not dependent on whether I can reach GR 150.