No era reset again?

Now with 2.6.10 will we finally get an era reset for nonseason so we can actually push for ranks on 2p/3p/4p leaderboards and wd/crusader leaderboards again or will we still stay in Era 2020-1?

3 Likes

No new era, confirmed…

I am relatively new as I started playing in March non-season(era). I am currently sitting around 3k gons.
I am most curious to the obsession with the era leaderboards. There are people at the top sporting legacy items that have since been nerfed, which is an issue in itself.
I am also most curious as to the season players that bounce at seasons end to push the era leaderboards. Especially on season’s like the last 2/3 where you have players that playing well above their heads with the aid of seasonal buffs (zDPS builds doing 150 GRs solo). Thus allowing them to level up gems well beyond what their play in era would have been capable of. They bolster their gems, their aug’s and that’s before we even start talking near perfect equipment rolls from entire season bounty buffs (double).
Seems like if the era leaderboard was not already a farce…then it surely would be after season’s get done with it.

Well there is just the problem that now several leaderboards in nonseason are not actually pushable since some big nerfs happened since the records were set.

Even if you dont care that much it would be nice to be able to actually compete on the leaderboards and not be locked out of the higher spots because you didnt push a certain leaderboard on a certain patch.

1 Like

I was able to get on the leaderboard with every character i’ve tried to thus far, no im not top 10 but its still not that hard to get on leaderboard.

That’s kind of the point. A lot of sets / items have received buffed damage multipliers in 2.6.10 compared to their 2.6.9 / 2.6.8 versions. Thus, players in buffed items will replace people in the leaderboards whose clearances were done without the increased multipliers.

1 Like

That makes sense to me, good point.

At this point, Blizz may as well wait for 2021

No. The necromancer got a bug fix which is a nerf of about 7 GR tiers. There is no way to beat those clears and basically the top 800ish clears are using LOD before the bug fix / nerf.

I know Bone Spear is really good, but it kinda needs augments now and also releina’s shadowhook in cube for the 4th slot.
Plus I’m pretty sure it’s balanced around the fact that the shadow clones will do a chunk of damage. About 1/4 of the Rift guardian’s hp on a GR 125 - according to wudijo.

Yes, and no-one at Blizzard seemed to care when we didn’t get an era reset with Patch 2.6.9, when Crusader nerfs happened (stacks available to AoV shields) and so on. It makes no sense that there isn’t an era reset when items receive a large buff or a large nerf, as it either means clearances made pre-nerf can’t be overtaken, or clearances made pre-buff will be wiped out. Either way, it means you’re not comparing like-for-like clearances.

I guess the issues comes to their original intention was for eras to last longer than a season. But it almost seems like we should just reset with each season.

I found this:

Eras Going Forward

It has been our plan for some time to stop advancing the Era count every time a new season occurs. Expect that to be the norm moving forward. We are looking to move Eras to be 6–12 months in length.

Besides simply allowing Eras to be 6–12 months long, there is an additional circumstance in which we feel an Era reset will still be warranted: when we expect that the highest attainable Greater Rift is going to go down. As an example, in patch 2.4.2, we made changes to the Twisted Sword, Energy Twister, and crowd control mechanics that caused the highest cleared Greater Rift to go down. When we have strong reason to believe the highest cleared Greater Rift will significantly drop, we do need to advance the Era to keep the non-seasonal leaderboard from going stale. Though this was the case in 2.4.2, expect Eras to advance less frequently moving forward.

This brings us to a related question. When an Era advances, is it done before a patch goes live or after? The answer to this depends on the intent of Eras. Previously we advanced an Era as soon as a Season ended. This was back when there were season-specific items. The Era would advance in order to record the state of the non-seasonal leaderboards before all the season-specific items were transitioned to non-seasonal. We no longer have season-specific items and there is greatly reduced value in trying to memorialize the leaderboards at that particular moment in time. However, when we expect patch changes to cause the previous top ranks to be difficult or impossible to beat, it makes more sense to advance the Era AFTER the patch has gone live. Advancing the Era before the patch goes live would cause some players to lock in high ranks that become unbeatable once the patch hits. Advancing after the patch goes live allows players in the new Era to compete in a fresh environment based on the balance of the current live patch.

To summarize, seasons are for those who want a recurring fresh experience; Eras should represent periods of time closer to a year. ###

I think with the WD and other changes this should apply, but that’s my opinion.
I looked at era’s and looks like my latest dated 2019-2 one was in 2/2020 and earliest one on 2020-1 is 4/2020, so looks like this one has been up at least 7 months, so hopefully will get one soon.

Yeah I read that too.
Except they need to make changes when they Nerf builds that nobody can do again making it impossible to compete with people already up there.
I.E Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage build.
Spirit barrage used to count as pet damage, used Enforcer Gem and Mask of Jeram, now it’s obsolete. Approximately 4-5 GR’s lower is now the max anyone can achieve to their previous best.

Therefore, what is even the point in a leaderboard if it is not able to reflect the true abilities of current builds?

@Knairdarm

So your saying bring your gear and builds over from seasonal. You know, the OP aug’s from kanai’s cube, or elemental buff’s, or shadow clones…the folks that were able to level up gems higher than they normally would have due to any of the aforementioned themes. Bring over your perfectly rolled gear from an entire season of bounties. Jump on the “non-season” and post up on the leaderboards with people that don’t play seasons…and that makes your results more relevant than the legacy data from non-seasonal characters. Sorry, not buying what your selling…
Seasonal’s will be the first to whine if a non-season player asks for double bounties, or a 4th cube slot. You can’t have your cake and eat it too…

And I’m not even understanding what you even mean.
I can’t really respond because it doesn’t make sense.

Season leaderboards stay in season.
That’s it.
Sorry but you missed something somewhere.

Ummm No

Ummm no, that’s not even possible

So your telling me all your gear, mats, all your gems don’t come over after a season ends…?

What’s the point when season bonus that are put into non season contaminate the LB with the non recurring bonuses added in

1 Like

Those exact same themes work in non season as well

4th cube slot is part of next theme which everyone will get during the season in non season as well
and double bounties and goblins do not differentiate between season and non season

And yet you are claiming that non season characters don’t get the exact same buffs as season characters during season when in actual fact they do

Steve, what are you talking about?

Non season didn’t get S20 theme of any gear in any slot. They did not get S21’s elemental buff. Nor will they get S22’s 4th cube slot or clones. They haven’t seen double bounties, goblins, etc. in many seasons. What game are playing?

Troll
Funny how the any gear in any slot worked for me in non season during that season
and I played non season during the elemental buff and still got the elemental buff in non season,
and i got double bounties and double goblins in both season and non season

I actually play D3 in season and non season
You obviously don’t

1 Like