No challenge rift reward

Completed challenge rift 298 in time, talked to eldira, have not claimed any reward or gotten any mail. I have logged in and out multiple times fully closing the game each time and have yet to receive any mail or reward on my seasonal character at all.

Are you sure this is the first time you completed this challenge rift?

I have not logged into the game for a week. Yes I am sure.

A week isn’t specific enough. Since the CRs have a set reset time, when you completed it last Monday makes a difference.

If you ran it before reset, then it should be available for you today.
If you ran it after reset, then it won’t be available for you until it after today’s reset.

If you are playing on NA server, the CR doesn’t reset until 1pm PDT today.

2 Likes

I am well aware NA CR resets on fridays. Last time I had logged into the game was the weekend of the 4th/5th during which time I claimed my first CR reward and opened it. I logged in yesterday did the CR in time, talked to eldira, logged over to seasonal (didn’t have mail), logged in and out a few times to see if that would fix it. I am stupidly conscious of how many CR rewards I should have because my altar is bricked until I can claim this as my second.

Nope, CR resets on mondays. Unless the consoles have it different.

2 Likes

Either way I got my first timed completion for the rift yesterday. I had no previous times set. Even if it resets on mondays it would have still reset by the time I logged in again would it not? If I hadnt played since last sunday.

Did you by chance accidentally log into a non-seasonal character after running the CR? If so, the cache would be sent to the non season mailbox.

If you for sure don’t see it in your seasonal mailbox, check non seasonal to see if it’s there.

1 Like

Logging into a non seasonal all I have is end of season stash items in my mail. I can appreciate the degree people are going to but I literally did nothing different than I would ever do when completing a CR.

It’s not giving gifts I’m having the same issue, I completed it last Monday and this Monday, today’s gift I didn’t get I’ve tried it 3 times now.

1pm damnit thats the issue

That doesn’t matter. Unless they claimed the reward to their non-Season Inventory.

I tested this out a few Seasons ago because I wanted to know if they were available to all my Characters. (Normal and Hardcore, Seasonal and non-Season).

This is what I did after successfully completing that week’s Challenge Rift:

1. Logged in with a non-Seasonal Normal Character. (Did not Claim to Inventory).
  2. Logged in with a Seasonal Normal Character. (Did not Claim to Inventory).
  3. Logged in with a non-Seasonal Hardcore Character. (Did not Claim to Inventory).
  4. Logged in with a Seasonal Hardcore Character. (Did not Claim to Inventory).

In all of those cases, the Challenge Rift Cache was listed in the respective mailboxes.

Of course, once I confirmed this, I logged in with the Character I wanted to collect the Cache.

1 Like

Ah! Good to know.

So off topic question: what’s all the hubbub at the start of the season where it’s claimed that it’s possible to mess up the CR/cache trick for the 1st seasonal character?

If the cache is available on all chars on the account, why do all the guides say to be very careful not to log into a non seasonal before a seasonal?

The Challenge Rift Cache is only available for existing Characters.

So, you need to wait until you have created (or Rebirthed) a Seasonal Character before you successfully complete that week’s Challenge Rift. If you don’t, the Cache will only be available to your non-Season Characters, Normal and Hardcore. But, will not be available to a Seasonal Character.

Subsequent Challenge Rifts in the Season don’t matter because you’ve already created a Seasonal Character.

2 Likes

I see! Much appreciated!

1 Like

That is not true. I tested it on my alt account today.

1. Logged in with no seasonal toons
  2. Completed CR.
  3. Created a seasonal toon (first in this season) and started a game
  4. CR Cache is waiting for me in my mailbox

However, on day 1 I always create a seasonal toon first - just to make sure the season has really started :slight_smile:

I have now done two challenge different rifts for a seasonal character (only one character on account) (character created before challenge rifts). I waited until i got to the cache step on altar on purpose and now I am stuck because I have not received now two rewards and have to wait a week to even ATTEMPT to get another. Hard console reset. time check. created new characters. different difficulties and acts. And now I am just hard stuck at the altar for a week minimum.

This Bug Report Forum is for the PC version of the game.
Consoles have their own Bug Report.

1 Like

well the console version is 3 years of problems with no reply

Bug Report never gets a reply from Blizzard. You report the Bug. If QA can reproduce it, they will pass it on to the Devs for a Hotfix.

1 Like