No Bug Firebird/Morlu not working properly

Sorry for the vague title.

But I encountered something strange when hitting a Morlu type of mob. Actually I saw the same thing on two separate occasions. The first was an elite version and the second a normal mob.
After the mobs got ignited, hitting them with flame blades brought their life down to ca 10% life and there it stayed! No matter how much I hit they couldn’t be killed. I cast disintegrate at that point and what I noticed is that first of all it seemed like the mobs lost the ignition which got reapplied and the mob health bar went up to ca 80%. After the that the mobs were killed fast.

I am not sure why and how this happened, hope you have enough info at this moment to check this out.

/Stedia

Could be #7?

Although, this would not explain regaining life.

Morlus will turn to ash at about 5% health and take reduced damage for 10 secs or so. If you fail to kill them during this time, they will regain about 60% of their health back.

This is similar to most of the cheat death mechanics that all classes have available to them. It also removes any debuffs currently on the Morlus, which is why you could not damage them using Firebird’s set. Most other sets would not have this issue (Jade Harvester being an exception).

This is not a bug, but a normal game mechanic specific to Morlus, and it is exacerbated when you are using Firebird’s set specifically, since you lose the 2-piece bonus on them while they are ash.

Morlu Legionaries and Incinerators will restore 1-100% Life if brought down to their ash state (below 5%), but not killed in 10 seconds.

4 Likes

Ok cheers,

I have to admit that I had no idea of this mechanic.

The weird thing is that on the second occasion, I did hit it for a few seconds but the life didn’t budge. The animation stayed.

But to be honest it was all happening so fast that I am not sure.

The most logical explanation would be that since they didn’t die directly, the ignition was nullified and no matter how much you hit them if the the FB6 damage is nullified.

Thanks for the clarification.

If you think it might still be bugged even after the explanation, you can record it and re-watch it since it is hard to see things in real-time.

Everything you described in your first post though, is exactly what should be expected to happen when playing Firebird’s when you encounter Morlus.

On speed runs, you will probably not notice it because you are oneshotting everything anyway, but in a push GR it will be very noticeable.

2 Likes

No need, it must be just the mob ability. So false alarm.

Thanks a lot for the help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes