Nintendo switch Diablo Problems

I played d3 on the Nintendo switch for a while this is what i noticed.

1.Cheater on the Leaderboards.
There are so many cheater in this game even in season with items that arent even in the game like rings with 3 socets and 20k dmg. Pls fix it.
I cant even report these People

2.In order to play with others i have to pay Nintendo monthly.Why not free like on the pc?
Even if i do that i cant chat with other players just to say hey do you want to play or even hey rainbowgoblin tp
Just WHY?

1. the sorting of affixes on gear. I have to read every affix every time because its so different from the pc version.
    Pls make it like the pc version

4.why did you move cains cronic? every time i run to the wrong place

1. the s19 killstreak is resetting when my second life procs like in the pc version bevor the fix

Blizzard can’t control what people do with their consoles. There are cheaters on all the consoles.

Every console has a subscription service, and Nintendo’s is actually cheaper than the Xbox and PlayStation by a large margin.

This shouldn’t take very long to get used to.

They probably haven’t patched the consoles yet. Blizz has to get permission before patching consoles, so PC gets faster fixes because they can just hotfix.

2 Likes

Hello there!

Orrion actually stated this fairly well.

1. When it comes to consoles, we should be doing a better job at cleansing the leaderboards and continuously hardening our services to not allow cheating. This, we can do better at.

2. Every console does have a subscription model for online play

3. Some features are slightly different based on the console vs PC. This derives from the original game design of consoles couple of years ago.

4. This is currently a bug that is on our plate for multiple classes on PC and consoles. This will be fixed as soon as we get out a new patch. Consoles are specifically trickier because they have to go through the first party to get approved and then released.

I hope these answers help you a bit, thanks for reaching out

3 Likes

Technically we pay the internet service provider the monthly fee for the online play lol. Haveing a PC is not having free internet, unless you live at starbucks.

1 Like

Just because everyone does it, its´s still not right. I know some time ago there wasnt such a thing at least on Playstation.
But that still dont answer why i cant chat in game.This is essential for me how can i say to some random there is a rainbow gobo for example.

1 Like

This is super cool to hear but could you please look into nephalem glory as a mechanic on console? Its just not fun and not a necessary game mechanic anymore!

3 Likes

The cheating on Switch is harder to sort on consoles if the issue is the console is hacked and save editors exist.

What Blizzard can do is sort ingame issues. Like the Nephalem Glory mechanic that makes endgame a lot harder on console given they have an extra mechanic to contend with over PC.

This can easily be addressed by simply removing the mechanic from Greater Rifts.

2 Likes

The leaderboards have been borked on all console platforms since Diablo 3 was launched on consoles. This is not new to Nintendo Switch, although Nintendo has done an even poorer job of protecting their savegames so the problem is actually exacerbated here due to savegame editors. At least on Xbox One and PS4 people actually have to exploit badly designed ingame mechanics to “hack” their gear.

However, what we need is not someone admitting they could do better.

What we need is that someone does better.

So the question remains. In D3’s lifetime (aka before D4), will anyone fix the leaderboard issue?

Or will we be left with you agreeing it is a problem, and that’s it?

2 Likes

PlayStation and Xbox have has a subscription ever since they started offering online play and streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu.

This is specifically a Switch issue, and a large one. At least the other consoles have voice chat.

If i could return this dam console i would do it and i would never pick up any console ever again.
It is more and more just a s**tfest for me.

I feel your fustration. I was always playing with consoles in my childhood and my older brothers all had computers, and I noticed computers can do “more”, especially all the free games you can play on different websites or able to download free games. With consoles you have to go to a store and buy different games. Growing up I hated consoles and was happy to finally get a computer of my own.

I only played ps1,ps2,psp,gameboy pocket,advanced sp and for a short time xbox 360 as well.But most of the time i had a pc as well.
I almost never had any problems with anything but with the switch its most of the time just sh**.
I dont like that you cant chat even with your Frends.You cant retun games like in Steam if you think they are not good.I hate the subsctiption it is just money milking the psp didnt had that.Most games are just to expensive even years after relase in the online shop.No Browser and no music or video player.
And then there are the d3 specific like cheating.

So for the ones on Xbox and PlayStation When playing online do you play on a server or is it like the switch where one person is hosting the game.

On the switch if you join a public game doing bounties etc if the leader leaves or get disconnected your kicked out and loss all process