New Zombie Charger Feedback

Hey! I tested the new mojo with Scrimshaw in hand, Helltooth, Crimson, Traveller’s, RoE, Harvester and Aquila cubed, maxed Trapped, Stricken and Gogok/Zei, 5.4 dmg, 114 tough (P4800). Zei felt stronger, but in both cases I almost finished GR120 in time. The build is very map dependent, and I don’t feel like fishing in PTR, too. The trash clear seems nice, but not strong enough to be considered for meta.

All in all, I gained about 9-10 GR levels from the new mojo. The damage is heading in the right direction, but is crippled by the mechanics of the bear herd. I have had my share of bear in the past, so I know how to optimize damage output through sheer placement. However, the new mojo limits these options.

Extra bears from the mojo should spawn in the middle, otherwise they get stuck at the slightest angle when “butting” a wall, which is supposed to streamline the herd in the first place. Butting a corner is sometimes even worse, due to invisible nooks in the terrain. Wallers are unbearable (!) and so are narrow/junked maps. Bears should be ethereal or ticking where stuck. If the skill itself does not get revised, no extra multipliers will help make it reliable.

8 Likes

They need to be “Pets” They are after all, Bears.

Therefore Tasker and Theo and Enforcer should work - but they don’t.

2 Likes

They are just bear-sized projectiles

5 Likes

The thing is they’re more like animals/pets than a Spirit is and it worked as a pet until they killed that too.

1 Like

I agree, the worst enemy of this build is stage geometry, and waller elites are way too much of a headache. The bears get stuck on absolutely everything, even weirdly getting caught on geometry behind me even though I’m using the new mojo and the bears all appear in front of me.

Using this skill in narrow caves and hallways feels really bad - sometimes more than half of your bears are getting caught.

What it comes down to is the skill takes maximum effort to even perform adequately - a build this finnicky to play should have a much higher payoff when you do everything right.

6 Likes

Phantasms working as a pet was an unintended interaction, so it’s not really a good thing to base on . Outside of that, only thing that Zombie Bears have in common with pets is the fact that projectile looks like an animal. In terms of game mechanics, ZB is as close to pets as Multishot.

4 Likes

Maybe they should had made bears in a cone, instead of a line…?

How about an item that lets bears break through walls.

1 Like

letting the bears destroy waller walls would help quite a lot - I think it should be part of the base skill, however.

1 Like

Yet if similar to multishot is as similar in attack speed as a snail is to a hare

for me bears run too slow and they lack damage, gr 100 is quite hard.

I comfortably cleared GR100 @P1650 before the mojo. Did you experiment with your setup?

I haven’t gotten to it with the mojo yet but I’m expecting it to still be a bit low. Like OP says tho, reliability is even more important.

They could make them work like chakrams, pass even through map walls, that would be fun.

DOORS! These big fat zombie bears dont know how to enter opened doors.

Jezz… this is like the sader phalanx issue of old.

The bears represent a spirit of sorts and should pass through obsticals, and as the poster above me stated if you aim for a doorway or other narrow passage and don’t have it absolutely perfect…they are blocked, one of the main reasons I never cared for the bears :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

1 Like

Any thoughts on raising lumbering cold(being it’s also bears) damage to be more respectable with zombie bears, then giving them the same increase in bears and a little more travel distance? They don’t go very far in comparison to every other zombie charge skill. This would counteract the inability to attack in hallways tight/spaces issue zombie bears has, and/or open up more builds options. As it is now, Lumbering just doesn’t complete damage wise, and the posters point is dead on, map design can render zombie bears inept.

2 Likes

The bear issue was always pathing even before seasons were a thing this was THE problem for the entire class, not just limited to this skill.

Some WD players wrote thesis’ on this topic. Blizz never fixed it, they added a leash feature to Necro instead and let WD skills RIP.

Zombies can never be meta worthy no matter how much damage when things like Waller’s and stairs = zero damage. Bottom line, sad by true.

Maybe pile on? Very fun rune, the new mojo should read more zombies, not bears. Bigger zombie totem towers? Yes please!

Indeed, the bears should not be stopped my anything. Give that to a new legendary, the bears become unstoppable. Call it the juggernaut :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I posted elsewhere but I’m posting this for visibility.

• I feel that Ursua’s Trodden Effigy should actually be changed to affect all Zombie Charger runes instead of only Zombie Bears.

I’d also accept a general buff to all Decay skills as others have stated…

2 Likes