New WW Barb help

Hi all,

Playing a WW Rend Barb for the first time in forever, having some problems. I’m using the Maxroll guide, specifically the one for Nephalem Rifts. My issue is that I am running out of Fury constantly, it gets to around 1/2 full if I’m mowing through some dense mobs, but other than that, I’m empty most of the time.

Is there another guide or advice I can follow to help with this?

Thanks for any help.

IMO their guide is flawed. You can out spin your ability to generate fury. A farming build shouldn’t require the same resource management that a push build does.

The easy button answer is switch to the BK build with Ambo’s in the cube and Zodiac.

The Wastes guide here covers all the details for farming and push builds.

ETA:
just in case the title threw you:

1 Like

For normal rifts just use Bul Kathos set instead, no worries about fury management and more speed. And they definitely do sufficient damage.

I used them for speed GR’s last season but someone more experienced might be able to guide you for better weapons there.

If you equipped Istvan’s, you have the wrong weapons.

The guide actually does show a different set of weapons equipped and Cubed but mentions, specifically “Combine that with Bul-Kathos’s Solemn Vow and Bul-Kathos’s Warrior Blood as weapons for insane Fury generation and you got the perfect chill farming build!”

Thanks for all the help, using BK removed my Fury issue. The problem now is that I am incredibly squishy, is that typical for Barb? I have around 550 Paragon and around 8400 Strength, I know I’ve got a way to go before I can start pushing GRs but I should be able to run T16 without dying 2-3 times each run, no?

Do you have Band of Might? It’s normal to be squishy at that paragon level.

1 Like

Actually, I think I found the problem, sorta. Turns out my Ground Stomp isn’t activating when I press the key, I have to push the key twice to get it to activate, definitely not a keyboard issue but not sure what else it could be.

The key there is keeping it up every 8 seconds. Stomp or Charge when you see the buff about to drop off. I prefer Stomp to gather mobs, but either works.

You may need to let off your left mouse button to stop spinning to stomp.

Try using charge for T16 (and even speed GR’s) instead of stomp. The extra mobility is better for faster clears and you don’t need the group-up from stomp much for speeds.

Thanks, I’ll try that. What’s strange is that it doesn’t happen with any other skills, and when I press the key for Stomp, it flashes briefly but nothing happens, I have to hit the key 2-3 times to get it to register. Tried different keys and a different keyboard, the keys aren’t the issue.

I have WW on Right-Mouse, with Ground Stomp on Left-Mouse and I don’t have a problem with the Stomp not being cast. Maybe it’s just a keyboard thing. Try it with mouse.

Great advice, thanks! I’ll try that when the servers are back online.

That’s interesting. I also have WW on right mouse like Meteorblade but have Stomp on Q (used to be 1) and it works fine even without releasing WW.