New Wiz Set - DR not working

With 10 hydras up, it definitely doesn’t feel like there’s an 80% dmg reduction. I have no way to prove this really, but it definitely didn’t feel right.

5 Likes

I agree, before latest patch even when 5-6 heads would die almost immediately I’d still be living. Now not one head dies and I get one shot.

In Diablo you have to kill mobs before they kill you. It has always been like that.
I cleared a 119 with Typhon’s Veil. Some one else cleared a 120 and there might be higher, but yeah a lot of high clears are playing LOD.

I used Tasker and Theo for my RORG item, but I considered going mantle of channeling. Maybe you can try that?

Are you using Halo of karini? Sometimes when I used karini back when I played Vyr’s, I had to move around a couple steps to get it to proc again. Maybe that’s the issue? If Halo of karini falls off, just move around for a sec.

Where is your clear? I don’t see it at all. All 119-120 clears are LoD, gee I wonder why? Pretty much going to ignore most of what you said as I’ve been around the block and know how to play a wizard, thank you. I also know when something doesn’t feel right and I’ve changed nothing to my build from the previous PTR.

The fact that others are saying the same experience leans more toward there’s definitely something wrong.

There’s also 3 of these threads, just saying. Also I’m not saying we’re correct here, but there’s definitely a difference. Perhaps the way the DR worked before might have been bugged in our favor and I was pretty much almost face tanking everything when all 10 hydras were alive. So maybe the DR was changed, more to come I’m sure.

If this is the way it’s suppose to work and the math is accurate for the DR, fine - but that definitely doesn’t mean it was the same as before either.

1 Like

Okay I see your clear on NS, I was referring to seasons where LoD gains even more advantage.

But I know they said they were just going to pay attention to the numbers NS for set initial balance, so fair enough.

That’s getting off-topic though, the bug is still legit which is the whole point of this thread.

But if you test the DR everything seems fine. With 10 Heads big zombies in act 1 T6 would hit for about ~7000 dmg with (Karini + 10 Heads) and without Karini for about 43k. Without any DR% for around 176k-211K. So DR works fine as is. You just don’t have so much DR with Typhons Veil and Karini can drop a lot in rifts.

Sure in a singular instance that might the case, but something is going on that’s making it drop off.

I know for a fact I was tankier when 3-5 heads would die post patch than I am now with 9-10 heads alive. And it’s not just a little difference, it’s a pretty massive difference!

1 Like

Oh yeah I should have said NS. Lol I forgot people go nuts on PTR seasons!!

Got the same issue last night testing Typhon’s set. Several times along GR110, I got insta dead when I still have 9, 10 heads and shield is still on.

there is a bug. the current PSA is to not use shields. in passives skills, abilities, items. no absorb shields.

When you have a shield up, the bug is, the 4 piece damage reduction does not apply.