"New users are limited to 3 replies per topic"

See title. Sorry what? How does that make sense? And how should I become an “old” user if I’m not allowed to write in threads that interest me?

3 Likes

The Ultimate Forum Guide (Codes, Trust Levels, FAQ)

8 Likes

There is nothing said about “Post more than 3 Replies per topic” though, so that doesn’t answer my question at all…

Reach trust level 1 and you can posting unlimited post
this is the requirement :

• Enter 5 Topics
  • Read 30 Posts
  • Spend a Total of 10 Minutes reading Posts
4 Likes

You mean other than the very first table section about Trust Levels that tells you reaching Trust Level 1 allows you to post more than three topics / post more than 10 replies, and that you reach that level by entering 5 topics, reading 30 posts and spend 10 minutes reading the forums?

3 Likes

The above, which is stickied to the top of this forum, provides the same answer using other words.

2 Likes

None of them say “Post unlimited replies IN THE SAME TOPIC”, that’s why it doesn’t answer my question. I don’t want unlimited replies in different threads. I want unlimited replies in the same thread.

It does say that Trust Level 1 users can “Post more than 3 Topics”. But, NOWHERE does it list ANY restrictions on “…replies per topic”.

And you are currently at Trust Level 1.

Edit: It does say that Trust Level 0 can “Post more than 10 replies”.

1 Like

TL 1 says post unlimited replies.

This covers posting in the same thread as many times as you want.

4 Likes

Ack! You’re right. I’m trying to reply too quickly and referencing two different documents. (One posted here and one on the Europe Forums).

The phrase used for Trust Level 1 is, “Post unlimited topics and replies.”

And since @Elgareth is TL1, they have nothing to worry about. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sigh Yes… but if the only limit would be 10 replies, why couldn’t I reply in a thread, that said “You can’t reply more than 3 times in the same thread”?
And STILL noone has any info about that.

These new forums are still… uh… new. I’m sure there’s a few “hiccups” that need to be worked out.

I don’t know what else to tell you.

1 Like

Obviously you weren’t TL1 at the time, or there was a snafu with the new forum.

Well, you should have your answer now, youve responded more than 3 times lol.

4 Likes

No, I responded exactly 3 times. This is the fourth respond :stuck_out_tongue: And yes, it works now.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: This is more likely the case. :arrow_up:

When my Trust Level was upgraded I was told to log out and log back in to refresh my status. It turned out I just had to refresh the page.

Maybe it was a similar situation for you. Although, I’m still confused because you should have been able to reply up to, but not more than, 10 times.

Anyway, I’m glad it’s working for you now. :beer:

Trust Levels LOL

Whatever hope I left for D4 just died.

Now your just being intentionally obtuse. You’ve been given numerous answers.

Yes, answers that didn’t answer my question though.
It’s obvious that it has to do with trust levels, but there is no info about any cap of replies within one thread. I read the info post of course, but it doesn’t help either.

People today just think too little :smiley:

What part of unlimited don’t you understand? Like I said - trolling or obtuse. Which is it?