"New users are limited to 3 replies per topic"

Trust Levels LOL

Whatever hope I left for D4 just died.

Now your just being intentionally obtuse. You’ve been given numerous answers.

Yes, answers that didn’t answer my question though.
It’s obvious that it has to do with trust levels, but there is no info about any cap of replies within one thread. I read the info post of course, but it doesn’t help either.

People today just think too little :smiley:

What part of unlimited don’t you understand? Like I said - trolling or obtuse. Which is it?

What the actual flip does trust levels on a forum have to do with D4?

Definition Unlimited:
Not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.

In other words: There IS NO CAP.

Elgareth, you are currently:

name “trust_level_1”
display_name “trust_level_1”
grant_trust_level null

You cut out the important part “within one topic”, which was the reason this thread exists. Because I couldn’t post more than 3 replies in one Topic. Now I can, but I couldn’t, hence this thread, where still noone could find any info about where this limit comes from, it’s not documented. That’s why I wondered why it exists.

This whole discussion is just like the guy/gal that can’t get past lvl 15, on the way to 70.

They post a topic about why can’t they get sets at this level.

The first day after coming to the new forums I was lvl 1 before I knew it.

A lot. Let me explain. The users on this forum are consider bnet users. The system they have in place on this new forum is about clicks and time spent. They set it up like a game to keep people playing on the forums as long as possible. This way they can report to their shareholders a much higher active bnet user count, but the shareholders will think it’s people actually playing their games. This in return inspires shareholders to not sell their shares and invest in new projects… like D4.

I’m not even sure bnet or forum activity is something they report - because it has zilch to do with money - but even if you were right, you’ll notice that the guy I replied to was talking about this being BAD for a D4, so your scenario about it good because of investments is the opposite of his position.

It is very much so a foundation stone of the report, go look at the last report and see for yourself.

I couldn’t possibly care less about the report. Point is, you have the opposite interpretation of the guy I replied to initially. Argue with him.

More than likely, this was a limitation of your account while you were at “0” trust level. Now that you are level 1, the problem has solved itself.

Not sure why this is difficult to figure out to be honest.

While there are definitions and explanations about the trust levels, the obvious thing (to me) is that your starting level would not allow what you wanted. But now it doesn’t matter. Unless of course you get your forum privileges revoked for doing something silly like breaking serious forum rules repeatedly.

Game on.

Well, yeah, that’s obvious.
But if you read my OP carefully, I’m not even confused as to where it came from, but I ask for the reason behind this limit.

1. Because it’s not documented and thus might be included unintentionally (we all know how incompetent Activision Blizzard is these days)
  2. Because it’s totally backwards and stifles discussions, forcing new users to post non-replies in various topics, just to increase their trust level so that they can continue posting the replies they really want to post. See this thread, created basically just because I needed some “activity” to be able to post in the one thread that interests me…

TL1 is fairly easy to get to. And from what I have heard, this is something more inherent to the board type itself, and a way to stop spamming/ad type posts. I apparently made TL1 on my first days on the forum just by being my usual self.

I am very sure that the information we have is wrong.

Just to give an example: i have lvl 1 and I can put links to “trusted websites” (Blizzard, YouTube and Twitch), something that only level 2 is supposed to do.

Example:

(Sorry, my english is not good)

@MFPF
Your examples are not embeded links.
The keyword is “embeded”.
Read the New Forum Guide for sample of embeded images and videos.

Not likely because:

Although it doesn’t specify “in one Topic”, 3 replies is certainly not “…more than 10 relies”.

And, at this point, this is all that is really relevant.

Keep in mind that only Trust Level 3 can degrade. Once you reach Trust Level 2, you’ll always be Trust Level 2. My guess is, the only exception might be if you got banned, temporarily or permanently.

But, it is documented. It’s just that you experienced what might be considered an “unusual” issue. Probably due to this being a newly implemented system for the D3 Forums. As you already stated, it’s working now.

I’m sure Blizzard still has some glitches to work out.

As @Maskraider pointed out, this is what Trust Level 2 can do:

This is what Trust Level 3 can do:

And everybody can do this:

https://youtu.be/mk_hHOHbqZo

https://i.imgur.com/6PIA4Ul.jpg

Thus my comment:

Just because it isn’t documented, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Having a 3 post limit on one topic is VERY likely a trust 0 limitation, even if we don’t know about it.

And since its so EASY to get from 0 to 1, this is really a pointless worry anyway.

Which is exactly what I meant when I was talking about what you quoted from me. I was not referring to T3 degradation.

Game on.