New to Trust Level 2? Nope. Guess Not... :-(

Well, according to Blizz I am now Trust Level 2…Testing:

Enjoy!

1 Like

TL2 isn’t any different than TL1, Einstein. TL1’s can post youtube vids all they like.

I’m shocked that you were not TL2 already

Your stats

Stats

Ive been banned to many times gratz on level 2…i cant be tusted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I still can’t post a link to my own profile, so I guess I am Trust Level 1.5.

No. There is a list of trusted websites that can be linked at TL2. Ironically, Blizzard’s player profiles are not on the “approved” list.

At TL3, you can

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/StonePro-11912/hero/69187142

I will never get trust level 3 because I got suspended, because I assume a trust level 3 player got mad at something I said. I believe if a trust level 3 player reports you, it’s pretty much insta suspended.

So I’m hoping the ones who were granted trust level 3 without earning it, will no longer have it on Diablo 4 forums.

Something to keep in mind with the profile linking is that the profiles are currently on the old Diablo website setup. They have not been, and may never be, migrated to the current setup they use for their games now. With that being the case, TL2 will likely not be able to link to profiles for the foreseeable future as migration probably isn’t very high on their to-do list, assuming it’s even on the list at all.

They don’t need to migrate the armoury site at all, they just need to add the site to the whitelist of domains that TL2 posters can link to. Heck, it’s not like this is something we didn’t think of back in July…

2 Likes

That is not how it works at all.

Trust levels and permissions are separate in each of the Game forums. So Trust levels here don’t copy to the WoW forums and D3 trust levels won’t copy to D4, assuming it is a separate group of forums.

Something else to address. I am not sure why you think those who were manually granted T3 by Blizzard did not earn it. Getting that, much like MVP, means a long review of everything you have posted and said, as well as infraction history. It has to be justified for a reason, the person has to have a clean-ish record, and it has to be approved by management. There are only 8 people in that category, and all assist other players with guides, tech help, game explanation help, etc. They needed formatting and link abilities available at T3 in order to help other PLAYERS, not for their own personal funsies. Note - most of them did not even ask for it. It was a decision made by others to ensure they could keep helping. They were told only after it happened and mgt had approved it.

Indeed. This was never an issue on the old forums because all the Blizzard domains were white listed. We could easily link to Support Pages, the Game Guide, Blue posts, News articles, and profiles. Anyone could.

They need to white list the Blizz site for TL2.

4 Likes

Oddly enough, the one thing that might force the issue is something you probably didn’t think about: GDPR and the CCPA. The latter, not so much as it is outisde of the scope of the fora, but the former? That same thing that caused Blizzard to nuke the old D3 forum site entirely? It could engulf the armory as well since that’s data tied to our accounts, which are covered by the GDPR. The one thing giving Blizzard more time on this front is that users can’t modify or post anything on the old website at all now and never could for the purposes of the armory. Eventually, for full compliance, all data will need to be migrated to a platform that can be granularly controlled, such as on its current web platform.

How would game character names, gear, and skills be at all related to the laws relating to real life privacy and personal data control? That is not real life info in any way. It can not be used to identify an individual.

Upon viewing my own json file for trust level, I noticed that you can view the number of accounts with each of the trust levels!? According to the file, it appears that there are about 19739 TL0 accounts, 7027 TL1 accounts, 1182 TL2 accounts, and only 128 TL3 accounts.

I thought most players would be at least TL1 or 2 since the requirements are very very low but most seem to be TL0.

Yep! You can view the numbers in each group. TL3 is part of TL2, and TL2 is part of TL1 and all are part of TL0.

Those are accounts that have come here, but never taken time to read more than a few posts and never interacted with any.

I frequently post those stats in threads about forum participation. The reality is that very few people spend much time on the official forums and even fewer participate actively.

Oh, and most of the TL3 are Blizzard staff. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/groups/trust_level_3?desc=true&order=added_at

Anyone who is not Blizz who was added before Aug 27, 2019, was added manually.

1 Like

Well, these Forums should be for the enrichment and amusement of the people who hold accounts (and have thus paid Blizzard money for the privilege) that allow access to said Forums.

The Forums should not be a constant roadblock to open communication and a source of constant aggravation to the Forum goers. That’s pretty much a detriment to any participation at all, and in fact is actually a slow poison.

Pretty soon it will just be the “manually added” TL3 guys talking to each other, because there will be no one else left.

Neither can the forum info under normal circumstances, yet it’s covered as are the blogs Blizzard has been posting. There’s a bit of a contradiction there.

Nope. I don’t believe you.
Some one has always been a bully to me. He got trust level 3 given to him. he has since then proceeded to abuse his tl3 by posting reaction memes to make fun of people he disagrees with.

also: I was intsa-suspended about 2-3 minutes after saying something that some one disagreed with. which actualy turned out to be true. I said he did a 113 solo so if they buff his character to do a 120 then the top barbs will do 150.
this is what actually ended up happening this season! So yeah i got suspended for saying that, by free. and was i wrong??? they have done a 150.

i’m pretty sure if a tl3 person reports you you get insta suspsended. it’s abuse of power. a power that you should only have by completing the really hard to do check list of actually earning tl3! and you should be able to lose it as well if you don’t keep up with it. it’s not fair that certain people were granted perma-tl3

so yeah, i can only pray that in the diablo 4 forums, people will have to actually earn tl3. the legit way. and have a chance to lose it if they don’t keep up! none of this perma tl3 stuff.

Press ( X ) to doubt.

02:00 Pacific would be 10:00 GMT / 11:00 CET.
So, there could have been plenty of Europeans reading / flagging what you wrote.

You don’t need TL3 to talk to each other.

In fact, from Micro & Cheetahs post a few days back, there are very few TL3’s on the D3 forums.