New to HC - ? on class

Hi all. I’ve played D3 since launch, but not much HC. Wanted to give it a try. I wanted to ask what a good starting class/build would be?

I’m looking for something that isn’t too gear/stat intensive (e.g., a build might be good, but only if you have 50%+ CDR…). I have no gear to outfit my character, so I’ll be farming and doing lower diff levels to gear up.

I’ve read that a WW Barb, Monk, or maybe a Tal Meteor Wiz are good (but again, not sure if those are only good after a ton of farming).

Thx!

Play what you’re already comfortable playing. You’ll eventually get a feel for when you get hit “too hard” and realize that you should improve your gear.

Thanks. I decided on a WoL Monk. There seems to be good mobility, toughness, and “oh sh*t” skills. Plus WoL is ranged, so keeping that distance will help.

Mind that WoL is projectile. Some monsters can reflect projectiles and have a chance reflecting them back to you. You’ll take the full damage.

So, pay attention to the monster types you encounter.

Good luck.

Oh, good point. I’ve been farming so much, but still don’t have everything I need. Kadala sucks, and I think I’ve upgraded 100+ spirit stones to finally get Tzo Krin’s. Ugh. Luckly I’ve been running a mash up of sets and Tempest Rush. No problems with T6, but damn, the gear on HC seems to have lower drop rates or something…

I started with a Sader. Having two cheat-deaths thanks to Akarat’s Champion - Prophet felt like a good idea to me.

DH with crimson GoD set is very safe when used with Yangs. You get around 50% damage reduction and it does some good damage, and you never run out of hatred or discipline. I have been able to clear GR118 in SC with it. It might be about at it’s limit though. Maybe 120.

Vyr’s Chantodo wiz or Strafe DH.