New to Diablo need a few things cleared up

Hello I just recently started playing Diablo 3 on PS4 console. I plan on playing more and more I love the game!

I’ve just recently surpassed GR 70+… SC non-seasonal. I did not see anything unlocked achievement wise, I have a scoured the forums… but I cannot find a definitive answer to my question. Do primal ancient legendary items become unlocked without ever playing seasonal mode, of course for the mode you completed the GR 70+ in.?
( regardless of it not showing anything unlocked( but did the GR. 70+) , noting the fact that I have not played seasonal mode beyond creating a character, and that I am on non-seasonal adventure game mode post campaign completion. ) << just trying to help you help me please and thank you.

I just want to know if I have access to primal drops on my main SC non seasonal. :heart_eyes:

The achievement is only for seasonal heroes…

However, the very first time you achieve a successful solo GR70 (or higher) in each game mode, you’ll get a guaranteed primal. Those four modes being…

1. Softcore non-seasonal
  2. Hardcore non-seasonal
  3. Softcore seasonal
  4. Hardcore seasonal

This means you have to unlock access to primals each and every season for seasonal heroes but once you’ve unlocked access to them for non-seasonal heroes they’re unlocked forever.

Okay, so as non-seasonal heroes don’t get an achievement to confirm the unlock, you want to check if they’re unlocked or not. This is where you bloodshard limit comes in. The initial cap for bloodshards is 500 and is increased by 10 for each GR rank you successfully clear solo. The formula for your bloodshard cap is given as…
500 + (highest solo GR clearance * 10)

So, if you’ve successfully cleared a GR70 your bloodshard cap is…
500 + (70 * 10) = 500 + (700) = 1200

So, if your bloodshard cap is >= 1200, you’ve unlocked access to primals.

Once access is unlocked, primals can drop for any hero in the mode for which you’ve unlocked them, regardless of whether the specific hero you’re playing has done a GR70 or not. For example, you might have a Barbarian that does the GR70 to unlock them. You could then be playing a Monk doing a GR10 and a primal could drop.

2 Likes

Awesomeeee, thanks !!!

The first time you successfully complete a GR70 or higher Solo, you unlock Primal items in those 4 Game Modes.

You only get the Primal Soul-o Achievement and the guaranteed Primal drop in:

1. Seasonal Normal
  2. Seasonal Hardcore

Source: Season 16: The Season of Grandeur is Now Live - Quality of Life Changes

You do not get the Achievement or the guaranteed Primal item in non-Season. You only unlock them. However, if you unlock them in a Season it will transfer over to non-Season when the Season ends.

1 Like

Almost forgot. They published a refresher blog about them recently…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/22989464/legendary-an-ancient-primal-guide-24-05-2019

Thank you everyone, bonus question ??? Do I have to set up my character profile on this website via PC instead of mobile? It gives me a sorry we’ll be back error when I click my character profile even though I have a valid and linked battle net account

Profiles website is currently offline. Sticky at top of General Discussion…

Thank you smh, I should have looked there, instead of google…sorry