New to DH - Advice Please

Hey there DH community. I’m a Barb main that geared up a new GoD DH to change it up in my farming routine. I mainly play NS so that’s where my focus will be.

As of now, I followed Maxroll’s guide for solo speed gr. My question is, what is the general clear I should expect for my character? I’m coming from Rend barb so the spin to win is familiar to me. I also have no issues keeping momentum stacks around 18~20.

With that said, my character is spec’d out as follows:

40.7k Dex with lowbie augs
FB + Dawn
2.0 aps in town, both hands
62.5 chc
606 chd
44.8% cdr
37% cold dmg
30% hungering arrow

I ran some 115’s and average around 3 minutes, with fastest clear at 2:09. My goal is to gem up quickly for my alt characters. Looking to target 135 for gem augs under 8 minutes, is that possible with DH?

A 6k Paragon GoD is probably looking at 12 to 13 minute average GR 135’s with the current patch.

That’s going to take some getting used to. I just ran a 130 and finished at the 10 minute mark. I feel like half of that time was on the RG alone. Talk about slow, haha!

1 Like

Ya. At 6k paragon, it’s going to require some fishing to get a 135 with current GoD6. You won’t be able to do that GR at will unfortunately.

Unlike before where better play can squeeze a bit more GR’s along with a lot of luck, it’s no longer the case now.

3 Likes

GoD is working great for me for running GR’s 110’s to 115’s . As for T16’s / Key Farming regular rifts , I still like my UE / DH best . On Tier 110’s I am doing them all in way under 3 minutes the way I am geared right now on my GoD build . I did a 110 in 1:57 last night . I just built my GoD about a week or two before patch 2.70 hit and they nerfed it down . I did a GR 125 without much trouble before the patch , but it’s definitely is noticeable as to how the unnecessary nerf screwed it up . But still pretty fun at the lower levels up to around 120 to 125 , then you start really seeing how the nerf weakened them . It’s ashamed if you ask me . Have fun with your GoD DH Seras !

Yea looks like I’m going to gem up 0-115 with DH, then 125+ with my Wiz. Barb will be relegated to bench duty once I post up a rend clear.

I see you, and I am not pleased.

1 Like

He’s just benched for gem ups, too slow compared to DH/Wiz. I’m still a barb main through and through!

1 Like

I will be watching. And judging.

And drinking while I judge.

3 Likes

The only two classes I have played and stuck with are DH and Barb . I actually started out with Mage but lost interest after they nerfed the hell out of Frozen Orb years ago . Enjoyed my Monk for a while when it actually was competitive with other builds , but that was short lived . Hell I would play em’ all if they would stop with the disappointing and excessive nerfing things to the ground as far back as I can remember . But Barb and DH are my two go too’s and the funnest characters to me . And these two classes are the one’s I will not give up on .

2 Likes