New Spite Mojo for season 18

First off, big thanks to the remaining developers on the D3 team for giving an update pass to existing legendaries.

Giving the cleave effect to all Gargantuan runes is a much needed BASELINE effect that has been requested for a long time. However, putting this change on a weapon/mojo slot means that no one will even use it over the better defensive/offensive options of Uhkapian/Thing of the Deep/Henri’s.

This item also needs a damage multiplier for Gargantuan or it will go completely unused. Gargantuan build is on the order of 20 GR’s below Jade. Don’t let this item go to waste on live patch!

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Restless Giant and Bruiser look pretty cool when given the cleave ability as well.

Pretty cool perhaps, but not very useful I think.

Yeah…every patch I hope for balance changes to close the gap and open new builds, but every patch disappoints me. They aren’t gonna get it right the first try, it’s gonna take some tweaking, but they won’t even start! It is super frustrating a lot of builds, like gargantuan are just a tweak away.

Alot of the new items are questionable. They aren’t pushing affixes high enough. I have serious doubts about the useability of Executioner. If they were afraid it would be too powerful on a follower at 10%, tone it down to 5-7%. But to make it usable for a player, it would have to be 20-25%. So what is the item good for now? Can’t be used on either players or followers. Maybe a zDPS monk can tack it on Executioner, I guess? Aughild’s is falling under DIBS, and Sages is…well, maybe when players are 2k+ it’ll be good for something.

Crimson set, squirt’s and MSR are pretty decent items, I’ll give them that.

Since we are in the mood for reiterating our PTR feedback posts, I’ll link my same reply.

If you’re going to start a new thread (in general forum no less, as compared to Witch doctor, where this sort of topic should be) at least have the decency to come with new ideas, please.

For example, you hinted at but did not make the suggestion of moving the bonus to a different item slot…

Gargantuan’s target can’t be controlled. This means the build needs to be overwelmingly stronger than the other builds to be viable.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to make it too strong. Actually, an effect like “Once per 5 seconds your pets attack the first target of [another skill]” will be very nice, because it keeps the flavor of non-controllable pets while gives you limited control over them when necessary. Then it’ll be much easier to balance Gargantuan build against the others.

1 Like

This is not the first or last thread that currently is in general discussion that should either be in “items and crafting” or the class forums.

OP,
If you click on the pencil icon near you original post’s title, you can change the forum yourself.

1 Like

I felt like expanding on possibilities so as to make something out of nothing.

I touched on the runes already, but I’ll expand upon this idea a bit.

Perhaps making Garg runes more useful could include one or some of:

• Weakening effect (either extra damage off the top or near the end of target life pool).
  • Provides RCR while active.
  • Stacking AS bonus similar to skeleton mage.
  • Provides excess of Mobility while active (perhaps 40-60% or so).
  • Crowd controlled enemies are made more vulnerable to Garg attacks.
  • Give the Witch doctor CC immunity.

I’m sure there are better thoughts for the runes out there, just throwing out some ideas.

Added to Spite:

• …and allows the WD to spend 80% of total mana, proccing cleave more than once per attack for (a few seconds) duration.

This would give the build the means to be more active and involved. You could also simply buff the enrage rune, shorten the duration and use a similar mechanic for nearly the same result.

Or how about this one:

• A Garg rune: Command your Gargantuans at the expense of 25% mana.
  • Spite: empowers their cleave attack to weaken enemies by x% per attack.

Basically choosing this rune would give the power to command Gargs and bake in a stricken, shield of fury, or bone ringer esque effect with the new item.

Please pick apart or enhance at your pleasure.