New sets included in haedrig gift?

Was just wondering are the new sets that we got in season 19 for monk and sader will be included in the haedrig gift rotation in upcoming seasons ?

Side question: are those new sets will have their own set dungeons in future or not ?

Thanks in advance for reply.

1 Like

The devs have said at this time they don’t plan on making any dungeons for the new sets and I think that means we won’t see the new sets in any future Haedrig’s gifts because part of the Season Journey is to complete a set dungeon right after you have received all of the gifts.

They’ve said that they will put the new sets into rotation after all classes receive their new sets. How long after is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

I think more people are more keen for the broader balancing of existing sets beyond s21 which focuses on DH and Nerco then new sets included in Haedrig Gift.

At the very earliest the revised rotation would not be until s22 for inclusion of all newer fifth sets.

IMHO adding them just seems unfair as the new sets are a lot more powerful then the existing sets which need balancing or even different functionality like how they changed WW to apply rend (2.6.7)

1 Like

Haedrigs gift ruins the character’s progress in D3, I hope they don’t bring this to D4. Haedrigs gift speeds up the character’s progress so you will have full ancients in 10 hours of gameplay.

1 Like

Some of those new sets need new functionality too. That Frenzy set is a one trick pony. Needed to be a primary skills set with added overpower, revenge and ancient spear support.

WotW could do with applying the DR on casting Rend too… Makes a Rend only setup possible for something different.

Dont like Haedrigs Gift dont use it simple. I for one think its great as it means i dont have to grind lowbie content for very long.

2 Likes

True. All haedrig set combo should have a 40-60% damage penalty, and a damage reduce penalty. So the lower torments level at game start would be used. Instead jump from t1 to t16. This already give enough conditions for players to drop a set.

You don’t have to do a set dungeon with the Haedrig’s Gift set, it can be any of the set dungeons. But for S20 I would recommend going with Barb for the gift as Immortal King set dungeon is beyond easy.

Then why are you playing a game that requires grind? You cannot say “dont like haedrigs gift dont use it simple” then everyone will be a step ahead of me. The game should be grindy, like D2 and not this handout shallow game, where everyone is getting things for free without any time investment. This genre is all about Grinding items and you should not get them for free…

You do know that you don’t have to complete the set dungeon with the set that comes from Haedrig’s gift. You can do any of them you want. Let’s say it is the season the DH get the new set that the gift set is the Shadow set and you know that you don’t want to play an impale build. You can complete any of the other three set dungeons and still get the credit and still complete the season’s journey.

I’m aware of that and often complete that part of the season journey with the easiest set for whatever class I’m playing that season.

I am just stating that it seems that the design philosophy of the season journey is one of incremental progress in that as you complete one chapter you should be well positioned to complete the next.

I believe the devs intended for you to be able to go onto the next objective of completing a set dungeon after getting past chapter 4 of the journey without having to go farm a different set than the one you just got awarded by completing chapters 1 through 4.

Granted I myself usually finish all of the objectives in the entire journey and come back to completing and mastering a set dungeon unless the Haedrig’s gift is for a super easy set dungeon like IK or Marauders.

It feels like an opportunity missed to not work the new sets immediately into the Haedrigs gift in the season they are released.

I do understand the small dilema of the set dungeoun requirement for the journey, but heck, that just lengthens the journey a little more which, frankly to me is a good thing.

Without all classes having their sets it would screw up the rotation. They want it where the new sets will be in the rotation only after all sets have been released. Then they can even change up the rotation so it will be a fresh start.

If the new sets have no set dungeons whats the point of including them in Haedrig Gift anyway? :nerd_face:

Well, for me, it’s so I can hit the ground running with the new set - the one I’m most interested in playing - first. The older sets can then be collected along the way, and I can easily knock out the dreaded set dungeoun.

You do realize that you don’t have to complete the set dungeon with the gift set. I know that I never do when I want to do that. I always choose other set dungeons that are easier. I have no reason to worry about getting the mastery of all set dungeons.

every season , when i get the Haedrig’s gift , i destroy 5 minutes later .

i prefer farm my stuff , but if someone wants to wear his gift it’s not my concern .

Everyone plays like he wants , and it’s D3 and not D2 .

1 Like