New set dungeons

First of all, holy hell what a necro!

Secondly, the season journey doesn’t require using the Haedrig’s Gift set to complete the set dungeon part. Just farm another set, preferably one with the easiest dungeon.

4 Likes

Says the person who did a necro of a 3 year old thread to complain to someone who is no longer even on the forum.

1 Like

Well arn’t you all special. Yeah, use a current thread instead of stating new ones… Been on the internet long?

1 Like

Yet you added nothing meaningful to the thread, making your necro bump completely pointless. The set dungeon requirement in the journey has never been an actual issue, just an annoying obstacle and the new sets lacking their own dungeons doesn’t change that. The set dungeons are universally hated and Blizzard has made it very clear the new sets won’t be receiving theirs ever.

I advocate the removal of the set dungeon requirement from the journey but not because the new sets don’t have dungeons. I want it removed because the set dungeons are garbage, some of them don’t even reflect how the sets are used in actual gameplay.

Why would you want more of the hated stuff implemented to annoy everyone rather than just taking the simple route and always completing one of the easiest dungeons?

1 Like

Long enough to have read the Forum Code of Conduct - Don’t bump threads (especially 3 year old ones, directed to a person who no longer has anything to do with them).

2 Likes

Neither do half the comments I read from various other people.

You mean the infamously vague, generic, convoluted, and ambiguous code of conduct? If it were any worse, it’d simply just read “Don’t do wrong stuff”.

Besides, the CoC says nothing about bumping old threads. Heck, if you open it and search the words “bump”, “necro” or, “old”. It only says something about creating duplicate topics… and even then, it doesn’t even have the decency to state “how long?” Can I create a duplicate topic a year later? Where is the line in the sand drawn? I know Vrakthris in one of his rants talked about “dissuading bumping old threads” yet got butt-hurt when called out because he wouldn’t do the right thing and decide where the line is drawn and either close the thread or disallow responses after X period of time or trying to enforce made-up rules.

This is a side topic that has always been entertaining to me. Go into most forums and create a duplicate topic and you get dogpiled and told “post in a thread that already exists with this topic” but post in one of them and you get dogpiled and people yell “necro!” when nobody can legit define a necro outside of “old thread” or some time duration they made up on the spot.

This too is a slippery slope. I’ve seen random people come out of the woodwork, go into their post history only to find out they’ve not posted in 2+ years.

1 Like

Not that difficult to understand.

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason (also called “necroing”).

1 Like

That’s not even part of the code.

Search that page for the word “bump”, “necro”, or even “old” and they don’t come up.

Even if it did, what is an “old thread?” A week old? A month old? A year old? Where does it state that?

1 Like

That takes you to the same link I posted :joy:

Did you miss this?

Welcome please read.

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason (also called “necroing”).

That’s part of a “guideline”. That’s not part of the code of conduct, as someone tried implying. What about that are you struggling with?

In forum rules, a guideline is never a rule.

Also, still have yet to see an answer on “What is old?” A week? A month? A year? Where is the line in the sand drawn? The arm-chair lawyers can proceed to make up their on-the-spot decisions.

1 Like

Nothing I know how to read if you feel that guidelines do not apply to you that is not my concern. I deal with people who have this mentality everyday. You know, like people who are at the movies talking on the phone, because the guidelines do not apply to them.

The code of conduct is the set of rules that the mods infract to, not some jumbled random, made-up crap. Nobody has ever been infracted and told “You violated these guidelines”. I’ve seen these in various Blizzard forums and have also varied between NA and EU, which further devalues them.

And nobody is talking about any concern of yours. The statement was made that bumping was a violation of the code of conduct and it isn’t, as proven in the link above. You literally quoted me saying it was not in the code of conduct and copy/pasted something from some entirely different source.

1 Like

Yes the welcome page which you don’t care about that takes you to the CoC which I never referenced in my first post.

That welcome page is not the Code of Conduct. The link I provided is, which encompasses all Blizzard forums and is the precise document that 2 people stated that “bumping” was included in, and it isn’t. Instead of simply admitting you made a mistake, you began deflecting. Don’t do that. That’s something somebody like Meteorblade would do. I’ve seen your posts and you’re better than that.

1 Like

You were going on about not being in the CoC I showed you that it was part of the welcome page.
Which you apparently do not care about. You can have the last word I am done. :peace_symbol:

I was going “on and on” about it not being in the code of conduct because you were implying it was and someone else was stating explicitly that it was in an attempt to dogpile somebody. Then instead of saying “Oh, you’re right”, you posted an entirely different entity.

It’s no wonder people on other Diablo 3 forums tell people not to post here.

I don’t care if it’s part of the welcome page. I don’t care what random blues say because they’re not always right. I’ve seen blues imply that disagreeing and trolling were the same thing.

1 Like

A quick search for posts by Matthew Cederquist shows this as his most recent…

…back in June 2020, i.e. almost three years ago. A look at his LinkedIn Profile shows that he’s still working at Blizzard, and been promoted, but the chances of him still watching / reading three years later are slim to none.

1 Like

Tons of people around the world read forums but rarely to never actually post on them… There are a lot of people who work at Blizzard. I guarantee a lot of them read comments but don’t even reply because other companies do the same.

1 Like