New secret content from alpha!

Greetings,
it seems, that there are some unused particle effects inside the d2r alpha.
imgur dot com/a/Acliyze
imgur dot com/a/Hq3y4Yh
imgur dot com/a/adTzkho

So maybe its a hint for some upcoming content?
It can be the Frost ball from Mephisto.

2 Likes

you can post links this way and not have to type out dot

1 Like

here you go, fixed the links

2 Likes

ok these seem like dev tools

let me explain, when you are testing the game and want to see were there are obstacles and how skills react you can use the first link :imgurcom/a/Acliyze
the particles stay and show you what you need to know

third one seem to show you distance and or meters in game, every particle is increment of sort and you can differentiate between them easily by color : imgurcom/a/adTzkho

the second one seems similar to the third one purpose in nature but might have something to do with travel time

might also test for colors and such with the third one but all of that might just be a nice troll from the devs for people that look into the metadata ^^

1 Like

Its not new content, they are effect used for monsters or already made events in game.

Second picture looks like cast animation of mephisto maybe?

Also some effect are in original game but are not used. Its possible they are also making few new effectf for fun so modders can use them.

I will give you example of what is in original game but you wont normaly see that without modding:

1 Like

Lol you guys are hilarious these were present in original D2 game files. There is tons of stuff that they didn’t use.

There is like 50 runewords, constricting ring, and a bunch of other gg uniques. Special skills animations and sounds, etc. If you google missing d2 act 4 quests diablo soulstone you should find a site with a ton of these things.

I’ll be honest, I’m pretty against most changes, but I might be persuaded to be okay with some of those items eventually making their way to D2R. I remember trying to find constricting ring all those years ago, only to find out soon after it was unspawnable.

Yeah…no new content, but…those sound pretty cool. I do hope they add them for sure if they plan a second realm.

Constricting ring
Lvl 95 Required
100% to Resists
+15% Max Res
Drain life -30
100% MF

Like I said GG stuff. To me it seems like testing gear but, would be really cool as a Legendary Unique.
The site it is on is the cutting room floor. It’s very old information now.

1 Like