New season, old cheaters

Hi, new season just started and on Nintendo Switch are about 50 people who did GR150. Please Blizzard it’s so obvious, they just make rings with 3 legendary gems 150 rank, they don’t even try to hide that they’re cheating. But still Blizzard doesn’t do anything about it… I love playing Diablo on Switch, it’s great experience, unfortunately it’s being ruined by cheaters, who just have sad life and they have nothing else to do than ruining our game experience. Blizzard please do something about it, because currently leaderboard is just a junk. And if you, who’re reading this, are cheater, well… I feel sorry for you. You must be really sad person.

1 Like

This has been talked to death but I guess a reminder is needed.

Blizzard does not control leaderboards on any console. In the case of Switch it’s up to Nintendo to clean up cheaters off the boards.

Cheaters wouldn’t exist on consoles if saves were online only. But since local saves are needed on consoles, cheating is inevitable.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of online games which doesn’t have this problem, like Warframe. Also who told you they don’t control leaderboards on consoles? It’s on their servers, they can control seasons, they can reset leaderboard (when new season comes) and you tell me that they can’t control it?

Console versions of D3 run on servers hosted by the console manufacturers. Blizzard has zero control on what happens on those servers. Because of that Blizzard can’t directly fiddle with anything, they can only tell the console manufacturers do something but the manufacturers have no oblication to obey.

3 Likes

Please note that Seasonal Leaderboards for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch are still separate by hardware platform.

I personally never saw the point of being on a leaderboard.

4 Likes

I really dont understand the problem people have with this.

This isnt a PvP game, so what is being taken away from you?

This is a loot and grind-based game so most of the gameplay (and the fun) is grinding to get more and better gear. The people who choose to completely skip those parts are only robbing themselves of the experience. Unless youre in a group with someone who has modded their gear and it is affecting your gameplay, what are they doing that affects anyone but themselves? Is it the leaderboards? Anyone who looks at them will immediately be able to tell who cheated. No one does a GR150 in 4 minutes unless they’re cheating, so its easy to see where the non-cheaters begin on the list.

I dont play groups and dont chase leaderboards so I have zero problem with people who do stuff like this. However, since i dont play groups or chase leaderboards maybe there is something I’m missing. If thats so, please tell me what it is so i can understand all the outrage.

its all about the competitiveness of trying to see who’s the best.

1 Like

Just because there’s no proper PvP competition doesn’t exist?

This is a prime example of narrowsightness. Do gamers really think other than direct PvP is not competition? That’s like saying 100m sprint isn’t competition because the athletes don’t trample each other to death.

Doing GRs is a competition and leaderboards are the way to rank players. Who does the highest GR in the shortest amount of time. That’s a definition of competition. But when a player cheats to gain an unfair advantage over other players, the competition gets ruined. That’s like doping in sports.

4 Likes

Maybe read the entire comment before replying.

I specifically addressed the leaderboard issue.

You addressed nothing, you simply decided to ignore the purpose of the leaderboards.

Just because you don’t care about leaderboards nor your ranking on them doesn’t mean other people don’t care. There are plenty of people who care how they perform compared to others and when boards get filled by cheaters, they get outraged.

Not really…the game is not run on any server…it is peer to peer on console with local saves.

There are only two servers involved.

One is the Leaderboards hosted by the Console platform vendor and the other is some part of Blizzard’s infrastructure that controls Community Buffs, Seasonal start/end etc.

But the game is not run on any server.

3 Likes

I did address it-you just didnt like what I had to say.

Everyone knows who the cheaters are so they don’t really count as far as valid competition. Therefore, the highest-ranked player that is not using modded gear, etc. is the actual Number 1 of the leaderboard.

If youre going to get that butthurt over someone ruining the fun of the game for themselves or because you dont get the “recognition” of having the smallest number next to your gamertag, that sounds like a personal issue you need to deal with instead of a problem with the game.

You can see, though, because the people cheating with midded gear and such are easily picked out and ignored. Once you do that, its a matter of which non-cheating player is on top.

Its like playing basketball with a younger sibling or your child. You let them get away with breaking rules and award points you shouldnt and then tell them they won, but everyone knows what is actually happening.

1 Like

Do what many people do, just set your own goals and try to reach them. Or have a large friend list and use your greater rift leader boards on your friends and see where you fall. If you have no friends, congrats you are number 1 in all classes! hehe

Personally, I wasnt going to play but I figured what the heck, might as well see if I can clear a gr70 and unlock primals and try for the captain gear stuff. Well GR70 was way easier than getting the captain plans but oh well. I had fun for the last 2 days and looking forward to S19 already.

1 Like

Blizzard can’t do anything. This is Nintendo’s problem. I also highly doubt anything will be done.

1 Like

Exactly. Its not hard to do. The GR150’s and the people behind them are irrelevant.

1 Like

Some people are competitive and want to compete with others. Casual players wont understand this… I take it ur in the casual category.

That being said we dont have modded items on the Seasonal LBs on ps4/xb1 like Switch… but i guess the issue is more annoying than anything IMO. Having to look through all the clears and gear checking can be time consuming. Though it should be easy to figure out whos cheating by clear times and GR level

1 Like

Excuse you, casual gamer here, and I do understand the competitive nature.

Just busting your nuggets bub

1 Like

“Don’t take any crap from these swine!”

2 Likes