New Rumor/Leak - D2 Remaster

rumors /= highly likely. it carries no more weight than any other random rumor and is essentially a coin-flip if its actually true or not considering none of the sources are named. So in reality it COULD be 100% made up information for views.

my point in arguing confirmation is that if D2R isn’t announced officially next month, everyone should calm themselves because there’s little to no chance its coming out before D4 is. Start the hype-train when we have legit evidence or an official announcement. If anything its just propping people up for more disappointment because it may not be coming anytime soon.

I am not going to retype my response. You can view it here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d%CC%B8%CD%9D%CC%86%CC%BF%CC%BE%CD%92%CC%93%CD%9B%CD%84%CD%9D%CC%95%CC%89%CC%83%CC%BB%CD%89%CC%B0%CC%9E%CC%97%CC%AD%CC%9F%CC%A0%CC%A0iablo-2-remastered-blizzcon-2021/26256/109

1 Like

The excitement is that we know it’s being worked on, not that people think it’s releasing before D4. And please, it’s more to talk about.

Why do you think that? Was it because it was reported by Schreier and others?

I think you should look at the prior post I linked.

What is your evidence that it is “for sure on the list for the next projects?”

Background sources are not “hearsay” in journalism.

Sure there is but you refuse to believe the multiple sources and reports stating otherwise. Just because I said being worked doesn’t mean it’s far along.

It’s great to see news/rumor on such an old game make us come together like this! It shows how deep this game reaches into our souls… Wait, it must be Baals tentacles grabbing at us pulling us back down for at least one more set of Hell Baal runs… He wants his chance at REVENGE! Muahahahalol! Or maybe it’s them cows that need butchering? Who knows.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Blizzcon '18 made me a believer in not believing anything until official announcements are made.

Besides, even if these reports are true… so what? It doesn’t affect anything. You’ll have PLENTY of time to hype yourselves up and plan to buy it after an official announcement, if and when that happens. It’s not like they launched D4 the day after announcing it, right?

1 Like

What did you think would happen in Blizzcon 2018?

First, there was the forges is burning hot video. Afterward and a couple weeks before Blizzcon, Blizzard stated that we would not be getting the things we wanted most and to have patience. I took this to mean no D4 and most likely no D2R. I will admit that I was not expecting the only diablo announcement to be the phone D:I.

I didn’t go in with any particular expectation. I never do, really. And I don’t put stock in rumors because they mean nothing in the long run.

But the community at large did, and fell HARD.

What? There are multiple sources everywhere, some from Blizzard’s own mouth. What more do you need? Do we need Moses to come down the mountain with some stone tablets or something?

You missed out an important intermediary step in that timeline. Blizzard sold lots of virtual tickets based on Brandy’s announcement and the reason for the “calm down” announcement was to try and pre-quash the hype the forges video had generated.

Blizzard started the hype train just to sell tickets.

I suspect that Blizzard initially planned to announce D4 in 2018 and then changed their mind.

See:

Sources: Blizzard Scrapped Plans For Diablo 4 Video [CORRECTION] (kotaku.com)

The Past, Present, And Future Of Diablo (kotaku.com)

1 Like