New Rathma on console

I can’t remember seeing anybody bring this up before, so sorry if the topic has already been discussed, but won’t the new Rathma set be super underperforming on console? Seeing as there is no numlock trick on console, Command Skeletons won’t be generating as much CDR, which will lead to AotD being cast a lot less often than on PC (which is the reference platform for balancing).

With all the complaining going on, how come nobody is complaining about this?

The Num Lock trick is the result of a mistake in the design of the game. The developers have created a combat logic where you have to press a button every second for the duration of the “dungeon”.

This game design has never been improved or fixed (with a global CD or something like that); and this for years. Based on this observation, you should not expect any changes in this area. This is one of the reasons, among others, why Diablo3 end game has a bad reputation.

I 've been asking for 4-5 seasons, maybe more, if they could make all devour runes auras. Cause most of the time it’s either spamming them or numlocking and it certainly helps with consoles. The other thing with command skeletons sucks on consoles though. But I wish this was the only issue. Anyway, the rathma set needs so much button mashing, gimmicks and cooldowns and the results are not even impressive. And this set doesn’t know what it is. Is it ranged? Is it melee? Is it a caster? Is it a pet build? At least before, it had an identity even if it was weak. Will probably wait till they address some QoL issues.

1 Like

Don’t know if this helps, but devour and command skeletons can be pseudo-autocast on console by holding the button down while moving around. Not quite as easy as the numlock trick, but it’s close.

The fact that the button can be held down is definitely a plus, and makes Devour great on console, but the problem with using it for Command Skeletons is that it both halts your movement and makes it impossible to cast other skills at the same time.

1 Like