New Player - Stuck at T6

Ok hopefully my barbarian is viewable and the forum can give me some advice. Not sure if i am gemmed correctly, if my weapon is bad…or maybe I’m just bad.

Recovering WoW player trying an ARPG.

Stuck on 500k dps. Any help is really appreciated!!

Find a build you want to play. Then id watch a video about it (i learn better that way). Then just play & collect the gear for it.

That would be your seasonal hero Fewtile…

From the looks of the equipment, paragon and Cube contents, I would imagine that you’ve pretty much only just finished Chapter IV of the Season Journey and completed your “free” Immortal King set, but don’t have too much else in terms of supporting legendaries and cube extractions.

To get started, you can use Immortal King / Hammer of the Ancients…
https://maxroll.gg/guides/ik-hota-barbarian-guide

But you’ll want to transition into the Wastes / WW/Rend…
https://maxroll.gg/guides/waste-set-ww-rend-barbarian-guide

Examples of heroes with the two builds on…

ok thanks. I have 4 Waste pieces and just got the ring of grandeur, so closing in on an improvement.

and ya, just finished my first ever season and the 6 piece set basically unlocked t6/7 content which has been fun, but just turned into a grind of rifts and bounties with little power gain.

is it just a paragon crawl for a while?

Mostly a gear crawl first. Paragon is icing on the cake. Theres no big secret. The game is very rewarding item wise if you put time in it.

There are a lot of chapters left in the season journey after chapter 4. You have to enlist in them past that point, though…

Nope, you’re still at the point where gear will make a huge difference. If you’re sticking with Immortal King / HOTA for now, you need to find a couple of important things, i.e. Remorseless (250% HOTA damage) and The Gavel of Judgement (800% HOTA damage if you hit 3 or fewer enemies). Equip the Remorseless, and use an off-hand (e.g. Echoing Fury) and Cube the Gavel. This season, if you find an ethereal weapon with either of these powers, Cube the other.

250% HOTA = 3.5 times damage bonus
800% HOTA = 9 times damage bonus
These stack, so 3.5 * 9 = 31.5 times damage bonus to HOTA

I am actually using the WoTA build with the permanent ancient dudes.

So what you are saying would make a lot of difference however. The question is how do i find those weapons? Upgrading at the Cube? Farming specific bounties? Rifts?

Upgrading mighty weapons. Rest id gamble for. Stuff will drop generically though if you play.