New Player Tips and Pointers

I’ll just get it started.

• Sheet damage does not reflect your actual damage.
    Many damage multipliers do not show.

• The red and green comparisons are misleading.
    Any affix with an orange dot is not factored in.

-Completing a GR means doing it within the 15 time limit.

I’m sure y’all will find things to add.

2 Likes

I have added a new section in the article linked. May be useful to your article.

2 Likes

go to the ruins of sescherons lvl 2 and get the kanai’s cube.

and use all puzzle rings and bovine bardiche in the cube and just klick transmute and see what happens, maybe a surprise mechanic will unfold.

A Rainbow Goblin opens portal to Whimsydale. Loads of loot + Cosmic Wings drop (veryrare, but it can happen). Only 1 portal to Whimsydale per game - opening another will lead to the same Whimsydale. Exit game and restart.

The portal can lead you to some place utterly different.

I believe that change applies to the other goblins, not the RG. I could be wrong, but I don’t see Blizz applying it to the RG as they are rare enough as it is.

-Salvage the items that you cannot use. Don’t sell them.
Gold may seem hard to get at first, but the crafting mats are more important in the long run.

• Check in with the Smith periodically while leveling 1-70. He may be able to craft better items than what you are wearing.
  • Enable Elective Mode and Advanced tooltips in the Options menu.
    -Do Not roll off the xxxx%-xxxx% damage on a weapon except in very special circumstances.
2 Likes

So i play on xbox one as a necromancer, if i have a sword of any kind, but no assigned slot to enen swing it, if its equipped will it increase damage to offensive spells like bone spikes, even though im not even physically using it?

Yes, it is one of the odd mechanics of the game. As long as the Hero is able to equip the weapon, the stats will affect all attacks.
In general, it is better to equip weapons and off-hands that are designed for that Class, but that may not be possible or desirable when first starting to level up.
A level 33 Rare Sword is better than a level 12 Rare 1-H Scythe.

Killing a second Rainbow Goblin in the same game will not open a Portal at all. I learned this the hard way.

This is true of Goblins that can open Portals to Greed’s Realm (The Vault) or Not the Cow Level. It does not apply to Rainbow Goblins though.

Correct. (Sorry, I didn’t see this until I typed the comments above).

There is another secret level (Whimsyshire) that can be entered using a crafted Staff of Herding as the key when it is in your current inventory. This location is very similar to what the Rainbow Goblin portal will open (to Whimsydale) , however, instead of a chance of dropping the Cosmic Wings, this location is the only place that can drop the Rainbow portrait. Spectrum Sword and Horadric Hamberger transmogs can also drop here too. More info here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/how-to-access-whimsyshire-and-craft-staff-of-herding-guide