New player here looking for a lot of advice

Hi guys!

I purchased the eternal edition of Diablo 3 yesterday for the first time yesterday with 2 of my friends. Since yesterday, we have managaed to complete the campaign and hit level 70. I’m currently playing Nercomancer with a paragon level of 25 and I have just found Kanai’s cube.

However, me and my friends don’t really know what we’re doing. I wanted to ask, what should I do now the campaign is over? I’m really confused and don’t really know what I should be looking for to make my necromancer more powerful, and I don’t know how things such as seasons work, adventure mode etc. Any helpful guides, tips or advice would be great!

Campaign mode is pretty much obsolete now days and pretty much everyone is in adventure mode
Adventure mode is basically campaign mode + extra maps and can go to any map at anytime
adventure mode is used to farm bounties which you will need to do to get the components for various recipes and each act has a different type of component
Otherwise you run rifts for equipment and GR keys
You do GR for legendary gems and to level legendary gems up
otherwise you pretty much go where you want to kill whatever to earn xp

Story mode is considered to be the tutorial mode. Adventure Mode is the endgame in D3.

It also depends on what your idea of endgame is. You can grind for high paragaon, or grind for the highest spot on the Greater Rift leaderboard for your preferred class. Those are just two examples.

There is also a special journey for the Necromancer class. If you complete all the Necro achievements, you earn a set of gorgeous red dragon wings, known as the Trag-oul Wings. The wings are purely cosmetic, they have no in-game bonuses.

https://i.imgur.com/88iLbqE.jpg

Read the game guide for a brief introduction of Kanai’s cube. But the best way to learn it is watching YouTube video. Simply search for “Kanai’s cube” and look for a more recent video.

Game guide for season, and season blog.

Create a new season hero when S22 starts, change to Adventure mode.
Press Shift+J to view seasonal journey.

Complete quests on the journey to receive rewards by completing each chapter (except chapter 1 which has no reward). The journey is like a tutorial that guides you thru the major features of the game.

Welcome to D3!

Nice to see this old game get new blood. I wasn’t sure people were still coming aboard. Enjoy yourself. This community is very helpful (outside the occasional troll that is). Great place to pick up tips. Ask in game for any help you need too, plenty of people enjoy helping.

And look into seasonal play. That is where all the players are. Next season starts on Nov 20.