New patch will kill many wizard builds not just bazooka

New patch will kill many wizard builds not just bazooka.
I’m using channeling for wand of Woh build with aetheral walker, 1 second is longer then I usually stand in 1 spot channeling .
Other build being meteor shower, you cant just cast meteor 3 times and start channeling to max damage. And if you are thinking of jumping from spot to spot to get ancient parthan defenders to work then forget about the damage.
That’s just 2 builds, many more will suffer or go.
I don’t want to think that this is the final fix.

And then you add hydra build to distract attention.
And then you exclude the biggest hitter mammoth hydra from the set.
I guess it still works on lon and just imagine what lags we will get again.

4 Likes

The lag has mostly been fixed since they nerfed Mammoth Hydra. They definitely couldnt do +2 mammoth hydras, that might have have brought the lag to the forefront again. On your main point, that’s something I plan to bring up on the PTR forums. Repeatedly. It’s a terrible “fix.”

I encourage you all to help me.

1 Like

Most of their fixes pertaining to wizards have been terrible. But this one would certainly rank in the top 5 worst fixes if it goes live imo.

2 Likes

I shouldn’t mention new set.
The fix is a pressing issue and will hamper 2 biggest damage multipliers available to class with.

3 Frozen orb build? Gone:(

1 Like

Sigh, a ‘fix’ Blizzard style. Fix one thing, break 3 others.

And no offence to who like Hydra’s but I find it boring as hell. I want to kill, I, Me, and not cast a pet let him kill stuff while I’m running around as a headless chicken. I hated it with FB, and I hate it still.

Well, perhaps the seasonal buff can make a build interesting, but I think I’ll be taking an extended break, again, from D3. Probably until D4 in the hope that they have got their act together for that.

3 Likes

I tested my good old Disintegrate/Meteor Shower build including Teleport I also play on live right now. Did not change a single thing, same playstyle and it just feels slow and nasty. On live I have zero issues lazing through 110 while on PTR the perfomance significantly dropped to something like GR 100…

This “fix” aka “nerf” sucks hard - I feel punished for something I did not do (Bazooka).

6 Likes

I’m feeling the same way. Just getting a good Disintigrate/Meteor build going, and discover that almost every critical piece of my build is getting nerfed for some other tangentially related phenomenon that I had never heard of. :frowning:

4 Likes

One thing I haven’t been able to understand is why changes have been made to the items instead of tweaking the starpact rune. Isn’t it possible to rein in the damage there?

1 Like

Problem isn’t even Starpact. It’s Reverse Archon.

1 Like

If we’re trying to come up with a temporary fix to kill Bazooka …here is a better and most likely suitable suggesion

…why not make it so the Archon stacks/buff only apply to the spells in that form and leave the Etched sigil/deathwish combo alone ; so to keep the other channeling builds alive while you come up with a real fix to the problem

nah that would require changing 10 lines of code, rather than just adjusting 1 line of code on the items

This would kill bazooka for good, would also deal with reverse archon, many other builds will suffer but I think most of player base is tired of having to put archon in every wiz build.
I for once would rather have this change then what blizz introduced.

Not even close to being true. It’s one line of code. All it takes is changing Archon stacks to increase only Archon damage.

I’m late to this side of the party but I did make the time to document this issue. We are in agreement Zima.

@Venaliter:
I know you dislike reverse archon but I like reverse archon. There is nothing wrong IMO with reverse archon and it represents a sizable chunk of build diversity that the Wiz class has. We can agree to disagree on reverse archon.

I was never on board with the change to Star Pact a while back. However, it went forward and folks enjoyed it. The real problem isn’t Star Pact, Reverse Archon, DW, Sigil, Archon, or the interaction between the above. The real problem is that the devs never addressed the issues with the class skills, mechanics, leg. items, and sets. I’ve posted several idea threads in the old forums as have many others with an even keener understanding of the class and game. The devs ignored all the of the ideas presented by the community and pushed their own vision (or that of management).

2.6.8 is a set of lopsided changes, a narrow 1 dimensional new set, and very well crafted seasonal theme distraction. Sure we’ll a have a little bit of fun with hydra (mostly nostalgia) and then hit peak boredom.

2 Likes

@Venaliter I hate reverse archon too, but till we get that future rebalance it’s going to keep us relevant, can’t ignore the 2.5-4x mod boost.

Reverse Archon hydra…use it, abuse it, don’t get us the boot it!

At least this time it isn’t OP as hell due to Starpact. It’s actually nicely balanced with Hydra and FO. I prefer hydra though, they’re automatic, no timing pressure required. Hail Hydra! :dragon: :dragon:

That or you know just be a WD and have everything gifted to you with a proper new set without any gimmicks. Ha…had to throw some WD shade, I’m only kidding…they’ve been waiting for this moment for a loooooooong time and it’s clear the dev(s) focused on them big time. Happy for them.

Wait better idea! What if you used Arcane Hydras with Arcane Attunement instead? Say 60 enemies hit just to be conservative (I know some of those bazooka pros got 100+ stacks)
https ://ptr.d3planner.com/764348616

Wooo take that LoD Mammoths! I just …uhm…matched your dps lol. Well that wasn’t nearly as impressive as I’d hoped but hey it’s something, least makes Arcane Hydras relevant. Now about them Blazing boys…

Yah man that 6pc needs a buff, hopefully final iteration will be better.

What is it with you and LOD mammoth? You should be comparing against crus/barb top build which is the current benchmark for GR power atm. LOD mammoth is not even close to those builds so give it a break.

Apparently you missed the LB’s it still was even after the 33% nerf and bug fix.
Now WD, that was in a while different league, sorry to say since they have been out of meta for so long but they probably need a tone down. It’s the same story as how Crusader went live last season.

Anyway I rather compare to what we have now than worry about what other classes are doing. Fix our issues first then we worry about how we compare, ideally both of course but priority must be given to the set. They didn’t put all that work into the set just to have LoD trump it.

I have a feeling that we will see LoN again in use instead of LoD maybe more on season though.

It seems like they had their last word on the fix, it’s a shame pretty much all viable wizard builds so far will suffer because of it.

“Fix our issues” you mean let’s call for a nerf to the already “so so” dps build (Lon mammoth) that pales in comparison to other classes dps so that instead of having at least 1 hydra build that can compete in GR to having 2 equally bad hydra version that doesn’t do any good in GR pushing other than messing around with some mid tier GR?

Again, you should calling for buffs to the bad TV sets to make it competitive to crus/barb top GR build, and LON being much harder to gear should be 1-2 GR higher than TV, not nerfing.