New Necro Set is Too Much?

Could just be my initial impressions are skewed, and it’s admittedly very limited testing (Only ran 1 GR lol) BUT - Holy hell this set is nuts.

The only real concern it seems to have is resource cost as Bonespear gets very expensive with that 1 power (2H Scythe) at 40 essence a pop, but I ran it with the exploding rune and since you can permanently have 2 clones out now, both of whom shoot when you do but with triple your damage… yeah things die REAL fast.

It’s honestly the damage mitigation more than anything though, the amount of punishment you can take now is insane. I don’t know if my build is optimal, but running the belt in my power slot (because I wanted crimsons, you don’t need Tasker and Theo for this build even though it buffs the clones since they only attack when you do) so I have DR coming from my resource reduction, my belt power for having a curse applied to enemies (using Decrepify with the rune to have an Aura + Clones make all curses active so it’s crazy) on top of the half damage being taken by the clones themselves (and them being invincible) AND since I was playing solo (and not the greatest option for rings) figured may as well slap a Unity on as well.

It’s honestly silly, now granted again I have to preface this that I was only messing around in a GR 35 roughly (because I haven’t actually touched my necro in ages) but my health never even flinched I was basically invcincible. I need to get the relic that lets my follow not die too and then push higher, and level up my Moratorium to get the r25 passive but it at least so far it seems like people’s fears were justified - this new set turns the Necro into a seemingly unstoppable monster.

Will have to test more later, still want to try out the DH stuff. Anyone else think this set might need to be toned down a bit? Like it’s making the new 'sader set look like a joke and it just got nerfed AGAIN…

Its you. The set struggles past 105 hard. You are under 1k paragon my man, I think you just have a low standard for performance. The set is WAY underperforming, and Corpse Explosion LoD would be the only thing higher level players will use.

5 Likes

Why would anyone use CE while WD can do 5x to 10x more damage even after the nerf ? And to top it off WD doesn’t need to stack area damage to achieve this.

Only way CE can compete with WD is to give it a bracer with 500% multiplier and an offhand with another 500% more damage, then adding to it area damage and then maybe, just maybe it can yield similar dps output as WD.

2 Likes

I meant for Necros…comparing it to MoBC.

This set struggles to push past 105 which means it is too weak to be used in normal gameplay. It needs serious work.

5 Likes

The Necro set is complete garabage. It might seem powerful if you’ve never finished 100GR and only played necro and no other classes

2 Likes

Dude it needs at minimum a 2x buff, it’s too weak. Don’t let this be hydra 2.0…actually currently hydra is even much stronger.

3 Likes

Mitigation is good, damage is good sub GR90, it’s not good enough to do GR100+ with ease.

It’s probably the lowest damage output of all of the necro sets, but it’s really tanky even with low toughness.

I wouldn’t be surprised if people put together a zNecro set with it, spawning and consuming orbs, and cursing and pulling in enemies.

But damage will be pretty lack luster, as you’ll likely just use the 4pc and be unable to put down any actual damage. Unfortunately, necro doesn’t have any groups buffs though, so i doubt many people will actually take one for their group.

3 Likes

this set is a tank monster and is lacking in damage bad, GR 90s i took like no damage and couldnt do damage

3 Likes

Like I said, very small sample size lol.

Well that’s disappointing.

Tried it in a 120 as a boss killer, struggled to take the boss down with almost 5600 paragon. The Bone Spear multiplier is way too low to make something out of it, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Maybe, I still think that 2H Scythe power needs to be buffed first instead (also so that it’s useable outside this set)

700% damage is already pretty good, but I still say 40 essence is very expensive and almost mandates Land of the Dead in a build that frankly doesn’t want to use that skill.