New M6, not like the original M6

The new M6 sentries functionality will not autofire as frequently as the original M6 and instead of casting each of your equipped hatred spenders it will only cast 1 of them. For example, with the original M6 set if you had Cluster Arrow and Multishot on your skill bar, the sentries would cast both of them, and the overall number of auto-fired hatred spender casts would increase significantly.

Based on my own observations the order of precedence, if you have more than 1 hatred spender on your action bar:

• Cluster Arrow will be cast over all other things.
  • If you MS + others, MS gets priority
  • Then EA, then Impale, then Chakram.

Also the auto-fire attack speed of the sentries seem dependent on which spell is cast.

• Cluster Arrow was the slowest or least frequently auto-fired cast spell.
  • EA and Chakram seemed like they were in the middle
  • MS and Impale seemed like the fastest and most frequently auto-fired spells.

From an auto-fire point of view, the sentry auto-fire MS does not benefit from Yang’s leggo ability of “fire MS 50% faster”. The auto-fire cast frequency does benefit from Tasker and Theo gloves and it does benefit from attack speed on your gear. I haven’t tested it if leggo gem and other leggo abilities that buff attack speed help the sentry auto-fire.

Just my unscientific ramblings.

Your best bet for Autofire is Elemental Arrow:Frost Arrow w/ Odyssey’s End.

You can also do Chakram w/ Odyssey.

Lastly, the Sentry itself works okay with Spitfire Turret, Odyssey’s, Echoing Fury and Taskers in Cube.

EA/Chakram can bream GR130, the Spitfire is about 3-4GRs beneath.

I wasn’t looking for advice just doing a comparison between the original M6 and this new version. The 4pc set bonus text specifically states that it will auto fire “all equipped hatred spenders” when it will only cast your “primary” equipped hatred spender.

I’m a little disappointed. I mostly passed on DH way back then and didn’t play the original M6 much and the nerf to its original functionality was understandable given how much more powerful it was at the time compared to everything else that just came out. Now that I play DH’s as my main I was hoping that this new M6 would be more like the original, but it’s more of a half step in that direction than a full step.

I like the new functionality but I do wish the hatred spender auto fire rates were the same across all spells instead of making CA’s rate nearly half the rate of MS and others. Given how powerful MS is with DML and Yang’s abilities, there really isn’t a reason to allow MS’s auto-fire rate to be almost twice that of CA.

Yes, the current M6 is still a shadow of the original design IMHO… I mean it only autofires one of your spenders… c’mon!

Still, the shift in power to the sentries is a good first step.