New Firebird Mirror Image and Legendary Gems choice

Looking this build, the recommended Gems are Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk and Enforcer. I don’t get the Taeguk. Considering that channeling is limited with this build, the Taeguk never really gets the steam it needs like in the Monk - POJ or Barbarian Wastes rend build. You can maintain the channel skill with those indefinitely.

Channeling Disintegrate with this build, sucks up the resources so fast you loose the benefit of the stacks, I am either building it wrong or I need a good choice for an alternative Gem to use. Currently I stuck the Gugok of Swiftness, but curious what you guys think?

That’s to be expected, because there’s a key issue with your build: or rather a key item, that is the source - yours is pretty bad. For a FB/MI build your source should at least offer 4 APoC… ideally it should have APoC, CHC and CDR and ancient tier for augmenting, but trust me, even the best source is useless without APoC if you want to maintain Disintegrate.

1 Like

Once you add 4 APoC on your offhand, RCR on shoulders, it’ll solve your AP issue.

In the higher GR’s I rarely stop channeling. Sometimes I need to open a door, hit a pylon, or switch floors, but otherwise I am channeling. If I’m not channeling with Deathwish, my images don’t kill with expedience.

As the fine people above have stated, you need the right affixes on your gear. With Captain Crimson’s set equipped, you want to stack cooldown reduction(CDR) wherever possible and resource cost reduction (RCR) where you can.

CDR - Captain Crimson, shoulders, gloves, weapon, off-hand, Zodiak ring
RCR - Captain Crimson, shoulders, weapon, Zodiak Ring

For your helm’s gem you can go with either a diamond for CDR or a topaz for RCR. Most would recommend the diamond but I’ve had success with both. With the Zodiac ring constantly shortening all cooldowns, the diamond can safely be replaced with a topaz.

You also need, as stated above, the off-hand affix which gives arcane power on critical hits. This is mandatory on your source and you cannot manage your resources without it.

Taeguk is the way to go once you fix your resource management, trust me. It’s a huge damage buff and a nice armor buff.

I am not sure what 4 APoC means. Please explain. Thanks!

Arcane power on crit. Your mirror images proc this so as long as they are hitting something, you’ll have full arcane power.

That’s an acronym, short for Arcane Power on Critical… well, if you are looking for the correct phrase it would be

Critical Hits grant X Arcane Power

This causes you to gain Arcane Power when dealing critical damage. As stated this also works for attacks from Mirror Images and since they use Spectral Blades (a skill with a good proc rate) you will gain a lot of Arcane Power from this. Disintegrate Chaos Nexus also contributes a bit, since hits from the secondary beams can also trigger APoC.

I believe Gogok only exacerbates your resource problem here. It increases your attack speed, and in this build it means you are drained of AP even faster during channeling, with exactly 0 (zero) benefit, as main damage here doesn’t come from Disintegrate, and it doesn’t look like MIs benefit from the gem’s AS increase (even if they do, it’s not enough to justify an empty AP globe).

You might have noticed the same effect when you hit a Speed Pylon.

As strange as it sounds, this build would actually benefit more from BotP than from Gogok. Try and see for yourself.

This is not exactly correct, since Gogok stacks add to CDR which contributes to damage thanks to Captain Crimson. Anyhow, it’s true that Gogok is not a good idea since CDR% has diminishing returns and a full multiplier gem like BotT is way stronger.
Regarding the speed pylon… Mirror Images seem to benefit from that one, I notice a significant dps increase because they can attack faster with Spectral Blades. Might be my imagination, though…

Tbh I didn’t pay much attention to how fast MIs attack under the speed pylon. You know, it’s difficult to notice everything, especially when you suddenly run out of resource and can’t channel anymore :slight_smile:.

Regarding your correction, yes, Gogok does provide additional CDR, but I don’t think it’s worth running out of resource. In a way, it’s similar to cubing the Echoing Fury, although the effect is not quite as drastic.

Yeah, if you run out of resource it’s game over… but if you don’t, you will notice things. I can handle the speed pylon in terms of resource, key is to find dense packs, though… But you are correct, going for attack speed isn’t worth it at all. You’d have to bend things and that leads to dps loss in the end.

You might find this useful to bookmark…

1 Like

If you like, you can replace the Taeguk with the Zei´s for a bit more consistant DMG output.

Corn did for us the Job and compared the Flame Blade - DMG of the Maxroll Speedbuild

Taeguk

• 3 Stacks - 104,487,063,892
  • 10 Stacks - 148,153,299,421

Zeis

• 0m - 99,496,636,874
  • 10m - 113,220,310,926
  • 20m - 126,943,984,978
  • 30m - 140,667,659,029
  • 40m - 154,391,333,081

To beat the 10 Meter/Yards Zei´s you need 5+ Stacks of the Taeguk
To beat the 20 Meter/Yards Zei´s you need 7+ Stacks of the Taeguk

But as sayed.
Due to the Fact that you norm. channel all the Time and inbetween Teleports, you hardly ever drop your Stacks.
Speeds might be another Story, coz your Fokus is on traveling as fast as possible, while Elites drop within Seconds nontheless

I wondered this as well.

Still not liking this with the Teaguk. I get that the resource does not drain so fast with the 4 APoC , but the mechanic of moving and using disintegrate , how does that work. Each time you want to move, you loose the built stacks with the Teaguk. I will try the Zei stone and see how that works for me. Thanks,

Thats more than legit :slight_smile:

You dont “move”, but you only use Teleport :slight_smile:

1 Like

About the Arcane Power and how fast it is drained, assuming that you use Crimson’s aswell there are a few things you can look into in order to maintain the Arcane Power at high levels.

Like others have said ApoC, reduced cost (topaz gem in helm).

Now there are a few more items to look into and one is Prides Fall. You have 30% reduced cost as long as you don’t get damage. I use it and I am very satisfied so far.
I see the Icon almost all the time wich means that:

1. I have an indicator that my shields hold
  2. Thanks to Crimson that reduced cost (the product to be correct) works as damage reduction aswell.

If you can work it on you might get some easier smoother gameplay. Worth to mention is that all though I had this setup at one point I found a source with better dps stats but no ApoC and immediately I ran into issues if not carefully.
Hope it helps, happy hunting all.

There’s no room for this in a Firebird’s build, unless you cube it in which case you’re losing a big chunk of offense and/or defense.

No problem with me, I suggested that as a temp solution. As defence goes it is a gem combined with Crimson’s. I swapped out Aughilds I am really tanky at the cost of dps just as you pointed out.