New character Death Knight!

A Death Knight character with similar abilities from “WoW” would be amazing!!! What yall think?

4 Likes

No.

17 characters required

22 Likes

F’ YEAH ! Let’s have a sword and board class with summoning skills ! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqdAWMLWkAASvb7.jpg

Let’s make something new already ! And this class, really catches the dark atmosphere of Diablo 4 !

Based on lore , they could be Knights that once served King Leoric :

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Hell_Knight

and it’s not exclusive to WoW , D&D had it way long before WoW existed…and many other rpg’s and arpg’s… (also monk,paladin,warrior,rogue,mage,druid are in both WoW and diablo…) nothing is exclusive to anyone.

ps. as for the 2nd class we need an archer class…because it’s a core class…
(and i didn’t wanna make a new thread because there’s already this one for this specific subject)

6 Likes

I think you should go play WoW.

14 Likes

Actually if you think about it , Death Knight fits better in Diablo than WoW…

WoW is more cartoony while Diablo is dark…

That’s why Necromancer was so awesome and fitted perfectly in Diablo 2…also i believe it was the most popular class there…

I believe the majority of players would love a dark knight board/sword type of class…

2 Likes

The only way I can see Diablo 4 having a Death Knight class is if it replaces the Necromancer, and I don’t see that happening considering the popularity of the Necromancer.

1 Like

Death Knight would replace the Paladin archetype, not Necromancer.
If Blizzard makes this class, it would have nothing to do with WoW, just like DH and Witch Doctor were there own thing in D3.

2 Likes

Not basing this off of WoW, but Diablo 3’s Jondar, who was a Templar who turned dark and utilized skeletons.

3 Likes

Jondar was more of a Necromancer than a Templar to this point, he even shared the same model has the act 2 Necro. ^^

1 Like

I believe it could replace both Paladin and Necromancer , it would be a mixed archetype…

Just like Demon Hunter which is basically both amazon and assassin from Diablo 2.

Or Monk which was basically a little bit of paladin(from holy skills perspective) and assassin from Diablo 2. (even tho they brought crusader after)

Also Druid which is a mix of warrior (melee) and mage/summoner (shapeshifting/elemental magic).

But well see, i would love a Death Knight class tho…it would be something fresh and new…

ps. i also believe amazon would make a return because archer class is a core/essential class to all rpg’s… and many people love it.

3 Likes

I think that has more to do with Blizzard opting to not give Jondar a unique character model, after all, just as you mentioned, he shared a model with the act 2 necromancer you meet in campaign mode.

A death knight would first and foremost replace a necromancer as Diablo won’t see two classes that specializes in raising an army of skeletons while utilizing dark magic. If the class were also shield based, then it’s possible that they would also replace the Paladin/Crusader class as well.

1 Like

That would be very nice, though it doesn’t necessary mean a DK would be a real summoner. He could focus more on bones, have a different use of corpses… just like the DH reused only traps from the Assassin and none of its combos.
I don’t think it would occupy the same spot as Necromancer. Even though they’d share the same deathly theme, DK would first and foremost be a shield tanky archetype.

You’re right, it doesn’t mean much, I just wouldn’t base a Death Knight on such a minor character.

1 Like

Well heck, seems like the game is gonna end up as WOW light anyway.

Except it’s nothing new when copied from WoW.

Is it too much to expect people to use their brain around here?

if you think it like that , then also Paladin is copy from D2/WoW…and sorcerer/mage is copy from D2/WoW or Druid is copy from D2/WoW…the list can go on and on for many RPG’s…

Instead of insulting people of not using their brain , you could at least say your opinion without that…we’re all discussing here, we don’t say it could happen, but some of us would love this idea/class… (take it as a class feedback)

Most RPG’s use the same classes anyways…with a little bit flavor/change on some things… Diablo 4 could make Death Knight a little bit different from WoW’s Death Knight. (They could make him a summoner Death Knight or a Tanky Death Knight with dark auras or a debuff Death Knight… or something different , at least he should have the flavor/class fantasy)

ps. and WoW is not the only RPG with a Death Knight class…Grim Dawn also has it(dual-class/masteries with Necromancer/Soldier)…and dungeons & dragons (Blackguard) plus many other RPG’s i cannot think of now…

4 Likes

What about The Cultist? There was an event with turned cultists in D3. Dark, blood magic, rituals and summoning demons.

1 Like

depends on how it’s done

1 Like

Did Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter look like a copy from Warcraft to you ?
If your answer is yes, I’m really curious to hear you arguments…

2 Likes

How about we just have a Paladin, and then use that whole Angelic, Demonic, Ancestral system for more than affix limitations.
Like, if you go down a Demonic path (through Attributes and choices in the campaign) you get access to more “dark” skill modifications, your cosmetic character design changes etc.
Same for other classes.

3 Likes

This is how the Dark/Death Knight class would look like in Diablo 4 :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqdAWMLWkAASvb7.jpg
1 Like