New Barb Set should be Ranged

Instead of Frenzy, for which there is already a viable build that the new 2H weapon affix will only improve, this set should be based around Weapon Throw/Ancient Spear.

Otherwise, take the Fearing off it. It doesn’t make sense in the context of Frenzy.

A Frenzy set should include Overpower/Revenge instead.

4 Likes

like a dh???

1 Like

I like the idea here, I always used to play vanilla with revenge on my bar, such a fun skill to use! After playing H90 I don’t see it as feasible unless it gets more damage and does some DR effect also. There is room to play here, but I don’t see it materializing.

I wouldnt mind having a build with Weapon Throw + Ancient Spear for example

And WD should be melee instead…

1 Like

New Class Set: Horde of the Ninety Savages

• 2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared Enemies take double damage.
  • 4-Piece Bonus: Each stack of Frenzy reduces damage taken by 5%.

I would like to see something added as the gameplay isnt so boring / something like

• 6-Piece Bonus: Frenzy and Weapon Throw now deal 1000% increased damage per frenzy stack.

Possibly an item in the Cube that Buffs Weapon throw as well

Weapon Throw would tie in nicely to hitting the enemy at Range while feared not just having to run after them or stomp b4 hand.

Good idea…

Yup I would like to see a range orient set.
Be nice if Ancient Spear or Weapon Throw can trigger a Fury Spender at target’s location.
From what I can remember only range set we have is Might of the Earth set using Seismic Slam.

I said it before…

2pc: double the effectiveness of shouts and double damage against enemies affected by crowd control
4pc: when a shout is in effect, gain 65% damage reduction for 30sec
6pc: primary skills, overpower, revenge and ancient spear gains x0,000% damage.

Frenzy remains viable, as does other primary skill builds, with better support legs so does overpower and revenge, and the ranged barb WT/AS combo will work too.

No Gumby gameplay mechanics, and the set would support a few different set ups. I’d enjoy gearing up such a set from scratch during seasons.

3 Likes

Does sash of knives effect keep up with Frenzy?

Only bash have a “interesting” legendary power to build with ancient spear - boulder toss.
But to make a full primary skill set viable for barbarian they need to increase the numbers in other legendaries or either give new ones.
Right now Frenzy is the only one that have more supported legendaries and I think that’s why they choose only frenzy with the set (terrible idea in my opinion, and even more with the fear mechanic)

Some of the first things I thought when I saw the set… Primary skills, not just frenzy. They already have multiple primary skill weapons in the game, I have no clue why they didn’t utilize this opportunity.

I know right. They’ve tied the DR and damage buff mechanics too closely to Frenzy for this to support other skills without feeling clunky. At least we still have LON and LOD.