New and Improved Blade of the Tribes

With the other additive bonuses you usually run with this build, it’s basically 9x and then 2.33x, but that’s still a huge net gain: about 21x total.

That’s not how it’s meant to be- leaving the dibs bonus in there again is obviously just a mix-up. 21x is way too much damage: 19-20 GRs worth. With that I could solo GR 145 or 146 at 3k paragon.

In the updated patch notes, they talk about combining the additive affix and the new multiplier… they obviously just didn’t quite implement it as fully as they meant to: PTR 2.6.10 has ended! - Diablo III

3 Likes

I thought that too. Now I wish they buffed HotA…

I’m gonna keep pushing for that- hopefully next patch!

2 Likes

Just stop. Let us have some %#&^%# fun for once.

4 Likes

new buff to blade of the tribes is a good start but not quit enough

just double:

• Earthquake (mote set?)
  • Avalanche (mote set?)
  • Seismic Slam (mote set?)
  • Hota (ik set?)
  • Charge (ik set?)

and they are all in the right ballpark :wink:
2 buffs for 5 viable skills would be a really nice deal

2x for those isn’t even quite enough. Free and I talked about the numbers here: Barbarian Balance Requests for 2.7.2 (?)

3 Likes

I was right in that the dibs bonus won’t make it to Live, but they’ll need to retcon older versions of the item. Remember to file bug reports, folks!

a theoretical 145 or 146 is right in line with other top builds no?

WHY NOT LEAKQUAKE TOO? :wink:

1 Like

Is that the build where your character is incontinent?

4 Likes

My characters are in continental Europe. Does that count?

1 Like

Hmm, I guess that depends on whether it’s more like “inflammable” (i.e. flammable) or “insoluble” (i.e. not soluble).

Also: I thought you lived in the UK!?

Yes, it’s the fire build :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do, but I didn’t want minor things like facts to get in the way of a good punchline. :wink:

1 Like

Alright, good to know… in that case, I hereby certify your characters to be officially incontinent!

If you experience a burning sensation, don’t worry… as Apache says, this is a fire build, and some inflammation is expected…

Leakquake ftw!

It takes “jump and dump” to a whole new level!

Seriously though, 21x seems about right. Unless they add new items, or buff old ones, that is the power level that would make it a top build.

Wasn’t boulder toss a thing at some point? I get how seismic slam and earthquake go together lingo-wise but there could be more interesting gameplay mechanics. Weapon throw could use some love. Same with ancient spear.

It was before Girdle of Giant buffed Earthquake (2 years ago?).

Are u saying 19 = log 21/log 1.17?

21 (Negator’s proposal)/ 2.33 (2.6.9)
I think we should compare log (9=21 / 2.33) / log 1.17 = 14. Fire EQ did 130. So maybe one can do 145-147 (for a P10000 player).

Anyway, I would rather put 2 or 3 on EQ set. A large multiplier on a single weapon may cause more problems.

Just hope Blizz can make a decision soon. It is pretty clear that, even with the bugged 21X tribe, EQ is still behind Rend. (All top clears of EQ are using the bugged 21X tribe).

If they buffed EQ 6, they gonna balance both Slam and Eq.

2 Likes

Well yeah, it did 130, but can definitely go higher- I’m 100% confident of 133 and about 85% confident of 134.

100% agree. I’d really like to see MOTE6 move up to 50,000%. This will move both Leap and Slam up by about 6 GRs, putting both in the Rend ballpark.

I can’t say for sure of course, but I am pretty sure the 200/800 Tribes isn’t making it to live, and we will just get the 800%. I also kind of doubt we’ll see a buff to MOTE6 this patch (although, fingers crossed), but, hopefully that will happen next patch.

Oh, and yes you’re right about this:

I was counting the value of the entire 200/800 Tribes bonus. But a 200/800 Tribes is indeed 14 GRs stronger than a classic one with just 200 dibs.

4 Likes

to be quite honest they probably rather add another multiplier on lut socks. can’t expect such a high multiplier on a single item.
it would delete any weird gameplay ideas to be competetive and would make more “sense” across d3s itemization.

at least that’s the route they’re going right now.
it saddens me but look at the wizard changes this patch. removing many builds just to push Energy Twister into a specific item… it’s horrendous.

imagine buffing IK to now be viable with Ancient Spear as a main damage dealer but in the process not only nerfing but removing a mechanic bound to HotA, Charge and whatever other build is possible with IK.

Sorry, I just can’t see anything positive for d3s itemization future if they can’t even revert Etched Sigil back to it’s current live state.

Actually it took a bit more, until they reworked the Rumble rune in Siesmic Slam to be Boulder Toss - like and make it a good fury dumper.

Agree. I proposed buff the Blades and GoG to 300-400% and add a 50-100% all damage multiplier to Lut Socks to open ways for it in other builds. However in this case I think it’s OK to buff the Blade only because it’s only usable in the LeapQuake build.
Now I think we should consider next season if we should continue to equip the Blade (for +23 max Fury) or cube it and use another 2 handed or… dual-weilding Sankis Ax? Maybe?