Never played a WIz much - Suggest a build

I’m a Necro, WD Crusader kind of guy but this past season I went with a Barb and have had a great time playing. Since the season is winding down and I had a great time playing a character that I really never gave much time to I want to do it in 22. I’m torn between a Wiz and Monk (who I’ve not played very much either) so please suggest a good Wiz build to make it to 100-110 level GR’s. I’m a very casual player that has made it to Paragon 1000+ in the past few seasons so I don’t play as much as some. Usually play with 1 or 2 others about 50% of the time so that is a consideration. Thanks!!

Most of the sets are very wonky or boring, but here goes.

In my opinion for enjoyment only:

Typhoon Hydra set is relaxing if not a bit boring. Great if you don’t like pushing a lot of buttons. Set your hydras down, and go.

DMO frozen orb build. A bit on the wonky side because you need to cast Slow Time bubbles all the time, but it can be very fun to play once you get the hang of weaving in your Slow Times and switching between your Orb and generator.

I can’t recommend any of the other sets or builds. I just don’t find them interesting or fun to play. Best I can say is to experiement with what you find enjoyable, and don’t worry about anything else.

1 Like

After reading season 22 wiz problems I don’t think I’ll play one. I’m going to go with a Monk I think. Heading to the Monk section to see if that hasn’t been ruined.

Yeah, the changes that wizards are going to get will hurt the class, especially since most of the loss power isn’t properly re-allocated. So unless you’re really intent on playing wizard or want to try out the 4th cube slot with wizard (which I intend to do this upcoming season), I’d recommend playing a different class for the upcoming season.

1 Like

Yeah skip the wiz! I had a blast with LoD hydra this season but it’s dead now (except some will say it’s not but what I’ve seen you’ll need 3k+ paragons to do much with the new LoD hydra).

Monk isn’t much better in terms of classes strengths. They will have the wuko/PoJ TR build again as their leading build which got a few higher than wizards this season. They are very fun though, even the squishy not so powerful gen monk is a blast once you learn how to play it.

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

If you want to play a really good wizard next season:

Play Bonespear-Necro ^^

1 Like

LoL - Been there, done that. I think I’ll just play a Demon Hunter.

1 Like