Nerf Thread on General

A wild alt appears…

This is getting sad.

Stop re-framing the question and issues into empty, obvious outlets for why you think nerfing is a good idea. The ways in which a build or class is defined as “weak” are contextualized by both the games core mechanics of engagement and by comparison to other classes. Barbs weren’t weak just because we cleared 5-10+ GRs lower than other classes. We were weak because we cleared lower, but we also farmed slower and less efficiently, and our strongest builds relied on wall-charge gimmicks. In other words, it’s not only about comparing GR clears. It’s about comparing a number of factors.

Cederquist has said that Sader is overperforming. He has not said the same thing about Barb. Fun Police like to assume a lot of things.

See what I wrote above. Just because a class is overperforming doesn’t reduce the fun for others.

Know how you get that result?

Buffs.

End of story.

3 Likes

It would be great to see other Barb builds get buffed, but moving damage from Rend to WW is A) a nerf, and B ) going to make lag much worse. Rend doesn’t need to be adjusted. It’s fine. Other builds need to be buffed.

1 Like

Player Power (Class A and B)
A>B :arrow_right: A :smile: , B :frowning_face:
B>A :arrow_right: A :frowning_face: , : B :smile:
A≈B :arrow_right: A :smile: , : B :smile: , : Game Producer :smile:

How do we get 3 smiling faces?

1. Only buff, never nerf.
    Powercreep :arrow_up: :arrow_up:. Trivialization of group content :arrow_up: :arrow_up:. Overall game quality :arrow_down: :arrow_down:
  2. Buff and nerf.
    Overall game quality :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

P.S. Free would do not need to respond. These are my opinions. You have yours. We disagree,

1 Like

Some people have opinions, Micro you have an agenda…very big difference.

QFT!

1 Like

We’ll get them the day you stop posting in the forums. That I guarantee.

A minor concern for a 7 year-old game with a capped core mechanic and its sequel in active, public development. This shouldn’t be at the top of anyone’s concern list. When “powercreep” gets dragged out, I can safely disregard the rest of the post.

A sure sign you haven’t done much group content. If you think buffs trivialize it, you’ve never done the content. The Season 19 theme alone has done more to “trivialize” group content than any item or set bonus in the game, but for Season and non-Season alike, clearing GR 130, or 140, or 150 is far from a definite thing for most players and groups.

Your agenda, much like that on display in the GD thread, is obvious. Your two alts and one or two trolls in GD might applaud it, but you don’t have a receptive or welcoming audience here.

2 Likes

My agenda includes

1. a class-agnostic view on game balance
  2. more storage and/or character slots
  3. fact and/or evidenced based conclusions based on transparent data analysis and logic
  4. Propagation of misinformation is bad.

This is not about being popular or being welcomed. I want to say what I feel is right in my mind and I value integrity. I also encourage others to make their views known.

There is a reason that I never had told you or anyone that I disagree with not to post. I try my best not to name call. I will point out fault’s in people’s logic and their arguments but I try not to make it personal.

Your agenda boils down to getting Barb nerfed. We see through you, dude, and it’s tiresome.

Talking about “what I feel is right in my mind” lol

Get out of here with that.

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That word clearly doesn’t mean what you think it does…

Get out of here!

3 Likes

If a barb nerf is warranted, then yes. As of now, a crusader nerf is much more likely. I mained a DH in D3V and early RoS. When marauder DH were ruling solo and groups in season 1, I advocated for a nerf. My passion for game balance is not about my personal self-interest.

I realize that some people prefer echo chambers. Others prefer a respectful discussion where contrasting viewpoints and arguments are presented.

Irrespective of your perceptions of my agenda, the game producer has been explicitly clear that both buffs and nerfs will be used for game balance. You may not like it that my views align with his.

If Blizzard does nerf crusaders, what will you do?
If Blizzard does nerf both crusaders and barbarians, what will you do?

2 Likes

Whatever respect and integrity you think you had went out the window for good when you tried to shoehorn your obvious agenda into a thread which was not even closely related to balance.

Knowing how much you like quotes, here it is in case you were hoping people missed it.

This is where your agenda went from clear and obvious, to sad and pathetic.

Just go away.

This is interesting thread to talk about integrity. The title of the thread was “Whats with the huge leaderboard gaps for DH/Necro?” I saw the title and thought I knew what it was about, because the same poster had made a recent thread about don’t nerf cus/barb/wiz. Your are correct that the topic was about the distribution of leaderboard GRs within a class and not across classes.

So what happened when the OP said that I misunderstood the post? I reread the post and realized my error. A man with integrity would admit their mistake and try to shed light on what happened, and address the topic at hand. Within 3 minutes of having my mistake pointed out, I posted:

We all make mistakes. Someone with integrity recognizes their mistakes and apologizes (Hence, why I wrote “My bad.” and then provided the answer to his question. I find it interesting that you did not comment on my 3 minutes later mea culpa.

1 Like

So you read the title of the thread, and clearly not the thread itself, and decided to push your agenda.

Good job on proving my point for me.

Again, clear and obvious became sad and pathetic.

Go away!

I was the second post in that thread. I hopscotch around between threads frequently. I made a mistake. I took responsibility and apologized. I answered the question that was asked in the OP to the best of my knowledge, immediately after recognizing my mistake (within 3 minutes).

If you think that this means I lack integrity so be it. I do not measure my self worth and integrity by what someone on the internet says about me who has never met me in real life.

There are several interesting books available for purchase (e.g. “The Art of Game Design”" and/or articles on game balance on the web.

These might be of interest to you because they talk about game balance is important and why nerfs and buffs are employed.

2 Likes

So you spent longer buffing your post count, and crafting your so called apology, than you did not reading the thread, and ramming your agenda down everyones throats.

Yeah, nice try!

EDIT - Also, you are the one who brought up integrity in this thread, and then when you get called out on your BS, you all of a sudden deem integrity not worth measuring.

You’re so see through, you’re practically made of glass.

Go spam your beloved Demon Hunter threads with your garbage.

On second thought, no, don’t do that. I like a lot of the DH posters and wouldn’t want them to have to suffer your garbage.

1 Like

If I recognize a mistake that I made, I apologize. From a personal accountability point of view, I find it works better than trying to cover it up or lying about it. None of us are infallible. I expect that level of accountability and ethics for those that I hire and supervise in real life.

I brought up integrity only after being falsely accused me of having an agenda in a derogatory way. Ironically, the agenda that was proposed that I have is not true.

P.S. You keep talking about me posting in error after not reading a thread. When I posted, there was only one post in that thread. I was post #2 (that was in error). Post #3 was the OP saying that I misread the post. Post #4 is my apology quoted above. From post #1 to post #4, a grand total of 10 minutes passed.

1 Like

Do you not realise your PS above, actually makes it worse?

Just stop, you’re doing yourself no favors, and proving the point even further with each post.

My hope for D3 is the Dev’s will give all the classes that haven’t been Top Dog for years in Solo play a chance at top spot at least in Seasons, OP builds or not, before this game is History. Looking at what the Dev’s are doing this might be what they are striving for with the new Sets, OP Season themes and changes to Sets and Legendary items that should of been done years ago.
As for balance in the game, for all classes at the same time, the Dev’s haven’t accomplished that in the last 7 years, and I don’t think they will be able to do that in the year or so that Diablo III has left, this game just isn’t built that way.
:peace_symbol:
OH yes, before I forget:
“Spin to Win” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Maybe you could get a whole bunch of Smiley Faces if you started posting in the Crusader or Wizard Forums!
Here’s one to start you off:
:smiley:

3 Likes

Wtf is this guy problem??
I’m new to barb & i’m just starting new barb this season but seeing this guy always ‘attacking’ barb every chance he gets with this ‘balance’ BS since ptr makes me sick.

Is he losing of arguments with you barbs in the past?? and he just cant accept the defeat? the way i see it he just want his candy back Bcuz u guys took it.

3 Likes

If that was the case, why haven’t you made any table posts in the DH and Necro class forums asking for buffs because they’re currently underperforming compared to the other classes?

I guess I’ll go back to the same position I’ve been in for years, i.e. playing my Barb for fun, but having to play something else for progress. I will have a sad face.

1 Like