Nerf Thread on General

It’s funny looking back at those nerf threads because even after the nerf, rend barb is still stronger than their intended power target. Granted, at 0% on the belt it would be on the weaker side (139 rather than 143) but it would still have been within 2grs of 141. Which it is not right now with a 150% belt.

1 Like

At least you can vote out politicians…

2 Likes

True. This can be for the better or the worse.

Historically, we know that the will of the voters does not always reflect was is best or morally virtuous. You can see this throughout history with the rise of demagogues and injustice.

When voices for fairness and justice about a particular issue are silenced due to being in the “minority” at the time, we suffer collectively as a society.

Relative to the forums, I would also argue that the majority viewpoint in a class-specific forum does not represent necessarily the view of the forum users in general. Moreover, the views of forum users do not necessarily reflect the views of the majority of the playerbase.

As MissCheetah pointed out, a low percentage of posters are even TL1 in relation to the total player population.

There is nothing wrong with having an agenda per se. I have told you what mine is and that it to maximize cross-class game balance to maximize equity of opportunity and fun for all classes not just the class where bad balance leads to fun for an OP class.

I am not the only one with an agenda. as noted by:

Having an agenda is not good or bad per se. It is what the agenda aims to accomplish that is relevant to its merits. Currently, Blizzard may have an agenda for better game balance. We will see if their game balance blog is consistent with their posts from December.

Curiosity question:
What nerf would you consider not severe and not worth much fighting?

50% rend modifier on lamentation is equivalent to 3.2 GR reduction in DPS
75% rend modifier on lamentation is equivalent to 2.3 GR reduction in DPS
100% rend modifier on lamentation is equivalent to 1.5 GR reduction in DPS

Alternatively, Blizzard could remove the ability for hard cast rends to proc area damage. This would preferentially affect top end players versus more casuals and reduce lag.

Careful, your answer can and will be used against you in open Forum!
Keep it as a surprise for the Barbarian Nurf defense if it comes to that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:peace_symbol:

Disabling area from hard cast would nerf it by 4 to 5 tiers and reduce annoying lag gaming, but would make the build even more brain dead than it actually is right now xD

1 Like

The nerf would likely be more severe than 4-5 tiers, but you’re right in that would make the build far less engaging and active. By the way, in my earlier post about your VC clear, I wasn’t trying to insinuate that any ol’ person with 8k Paragon can clear 135 with Charge. Nor was I trying to suggest that your clear doesn’t take skill; if it came across that way, you have my apologies.

I don’t think any of Micro’s proposed nerfs are acceptable. And as per Windigo’s suggestion, I’m not responding to them. Like I said, all signs point to BARBS ARE FINE.

Forget nerfs. Instead, we should be thinking ahead to the next patch. I don’t predict our builds will change, but we might get a new set, and if we do, I hope it’s all about Primary skills.

2 Likes

Come on Frenzy Barb!!! Or Weapon Throw. I’d be happy with either. Then just bring up EQ and IK HOTA and I’d be a happy camper.

1 Like
  1. You just responded to me by saying that none of the nerf suggestions that I proposed are acceptable.

2. My suggestion included reducing rend damage to a 100% modifier on lamentation. This corresponds to a 1.5 GR reduction in DPS. A 1.5 GR reduction is considered a “severe nerf” in your mind.

3. “all signs”… hmm… 146-5=141

Looking pretty safe indeed. Barb lands right where they want us to be.

4 Likes

I like the chart in that post. Best chart I’ve seen on this site in fact.

3 Likes

The game balance post is informative. I wonder how the GR clears have matured. They mentioned that their data was taken a few weeks into patch 2.6.7. Presumably, a few weeks after Patch 2.6.7a went live on November 20. The original GR 142 clear was considered “good” at the time. The current data is now GR 146.

My analysis was America region that I downloaded on January 3. Now I know that 5000 paragon is a balance number it will be interesting to me to see what the data is today, at least for US/EU/AS collectively. For the America region (January 3) the data was different when analyzing 2.5-35K paragon players.

I don’t like their way of checking if a class is balanced. It doesn’t reflect the power of a class in my opinion.
A lot of the barb clears in NS are made by people who just made a barb to bot their way to higher paragon. Those players don’t push leaderboards, they just run their bots 24/7 (± time played) in low grifts (110-120) and collect xp. This artificially lowers classes that are only used for botting, and artificially increases classes that aren’t.
By their comparison, wizard and WD are both balanced and roughly equal, even though it’s pretty clear that wizard’s star pact build is way stronger than WD dart or whatever. Wizard is still a very botted class for obvious reasons (vyr was the go-to bot build before WW and star pact is the trash killer of choice in 150 so people want gear). On the other hand, monk and WD are very rarely used for anything but pushing.

Oh well, hopefully you barbs have fun with playing WW.

1 Like

Yes it dose with 4 classes at 130 1 class at 138 and 3 Classes lower the Dev’s just might have a good chance to get to the 3-4 ratio with a little tweaking and Buffing here and there. :+1:

1 Like

@ Fun Police: I want to thank y’all for being so disastrously wrong and for providing platforms for the rest of us to dunk on your very bad ideas. Y’all are fine people, very nice, and I love you very much. No, no, don’t thank Rage and I & the greater Barb community for all the hard work we did in getting our class buffed. The Balance Post was pat on the back enough.

Yes.

All signs.

@ Everyone else: We good. :sunglasses:

Looking forward to a new class set in the future!

SPIN 2 WIN

Based on the non-Season comparison, looks like Demon Hunters and Necros needs buffs. I hope they get booster shots and plow 145 in the coming patch!

5 Likes

Dear lord, everyone in the world has 146 on farm on a Rend Barb, nerf everything NOW!!!111!1!1

Even if you refuse to see it, this is why everyone else see’s straight through you, and your agenda. You’ve been about nothing but nerfing Barbs since the Rend WW buff was announced.

You said wait and see for the balance post.

We waited, and now we see.

Even Blizz thinks you’re wrong.

Now you can stop.

Go find another class to annoy.

Preferably in another game.

2 Likes

1 Like

Not exactly. They gave the same formula as was posted earlier. The difference is they are choosing to base it on players with 5K paragon versus the top end of the leaderboard.

If that is the data that they are balancing around, it is fine by me. I will double check the data for myself at least for current US/EU/AS leaderboards. My analysis of the American leaderboard downloaded January 3 paints a different picture for players between 2.5K-3.5K.

I will repeat the analysis stratified by paragon for all the current leaderboards (US/EU/AS) to see what they look like rather than rely on the America region data from January 3.

Well thank goodness you are checking the data! We can sleep at night now lol

3 Likes