Nephalem Glory is Holding Us Back (recreated)

That wouldn’t really fix anything. If you die, you still have to make DD…somehow. DD only has 30yd pickup radius which forces players drop kill counts, tether barb and constantly watch DD timer.

Fair enough. Thx for the explanation

It’s better than 20 secs/3 min cap. It would be easier to code rather getting rid of it altogether.

And as you push a GR140 and need to kill the first ten enemies where you meet an Elite Juggnernaught how does extending the cap/bonus help?

How does that help if you die? How does it help if you run a pet build or DoT where dropping kill streaks is hard?

You get the point? It is easier to simply give us the damage that NG gives us 100% in a GR.

3 Likes

A) Make 15mins NG buff Only in GR once you enter, once close or exit the buff disappear. Whatever NG you get in GR it does nothing.

Seriously nothing too hard even nothing change in game… dun think it is hard to code even the 1000kills buff seems way harder to make :stuck_out_tongue:

B) Make NG becomes Vacuum/ auto pickup ONLY IN GR (in case it is difficult to make for the whole game in d3) dun do much seriously but it can offset a few seconds of making us walk back or unwanted position

C) Make the first NG we pick up ONLY IN GR 15mins Buff but you never know it might be a tall order for the coders in D3

D) in case everything is very hard to code or implant. Make NG UNCAPPED no 3mins MAX as long as you take NG it keeps stacking that 20secs. It helps a bit

E) I think the quickest solution to the problem… Sent a email to Blizz if I donate 5million to your account can I get NG fix for console? but in a way if that might seems corrupt or problem with the law. Hey Blizz if Switch/PS4/Xb1 gets EXTRA 2million copies sold in a week can we get NG fix within 24hours?

1 Like

If anyone can afford to do solution E I bet you get a PTR only for your own account in consoles & you might be the only console player here given access to write anywhere without the purchasing D3 PC version.

Moreover you get the highest ranking in forum ranking you might even have the a new color when you post instead of the usual green or blue :slight_smile: & there will be an elite monster name after you in D3

Simple. Rip the rift.

They are not going to get rid of it and to continue to complain about only wastes your time. Honestly, I would be surprised if they did anything. They can at least change the value since that requires little to no work behind it.

I think you are missing the simple answer that nothing has been done regarding this. The only thing that has been done is they have gotten rid of the prebuffing DD before entering the rift so you cannot get the 3 mins stacked up before entering. All they did was remove it.

Which was a result of the damn PC players getting stacks of Archon or something in a Cow Level prior to a GR!

2 Likes

NGs are an awful mechanic. They spawn opposite forward progression. They are required for progression. They prevent higher level Greater Rift progression. They spoil Season 19 kill streak progression.

4 Likes

spot on mate. 100% spot on.

agree that it doesn’t feel great for encounter difficulty to be balanced around rng dmg boost glory drops

nice if they are just a flat bonus, but not when we are effectively gimped without the buff especially when trying to ramp up the bonus

We’ve stressed how awful nephalem glory mechanics are on console plenty, and there has only been one blue post addressing it years ago. We never see blue posts in the console section anymore, so it is likely they don’t even take time to read our posts.

Even though I strongly agree that NG mechanics need to change, posting about it just seems to be a waste of time and effort.

4 Likes

I thought that too until the new dev guy Matt started posting a lot and it seems D3 development, even with the classic team, has picked up in terms of communication.

So worth a shot. The lack of blues indicates the situation.

2 Likes

I consider NG a big problem and have felt that way for awhile.I think it is even less likely to get feedback much less a fix with the Diablo 3 team going to classic.We aren’t entitled to get proper communication.It’s not like we bought the game like PC gamers.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aint nothing like a big juicy open map wth good mobs and lots of density… Then having to kill yourself

1 Like

It’s just the kill streak that need to be reset for the NG spawns to reset right? Not total kills for the rift

Yup just the kill streak… They stop dropping after a certain amount and sometimes the only way to reset a kill streak over 300 is to just die. But be sure not to resurrect too quick or when u revive the kill streak will still be going.

It seems like when going from one level to the next in the rift it resets and starts over again. I didn’t think the kill streak timer lasted very long

the kill streak timer doesn’t last that long - watch it when you’re levelling up to lvl 70 and you’ll see how quick it drops off after a non kill/monster hit. I’d say it’s around 4 seconds or so at a rough estimate.

I find it amusing, it’s a nuisance to kill the kill streak during season, but when leveling up, it’ s a mongrel to keep it going (where you very most want the damn thing to work lol).

I haven’t tried it, but I think this might work too:

killall -9 NG

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes