Need To Improve My WD

Ok, I’ve been playing with the same pet-heavy WD since the game launched and I can’t make her any stronger. She’s only doing upwards of 2.4 mil damage and I have no clue how to increase that so I can do the higher Torment levels. At the moment I’m only running her on T3. I haven’t found any Primals or anything even remotely spectacular so any help with increasing her damage would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I HORRIBLY suck at math so I can’t do any of those magical equations you true nerds know how to do in figuring out speed, attack speed, damage, etc.
Thank you for your help, it’s greatly appreciated.
P.S.S Yes, I have only played this game vanilla since I don’t know how to do anything else and I’m not active in the gaming community so I haven’t met anyone who could personally help me out with this.

Some of your gear and skills are not effective (Firebomb isn’t going to get much progress). You need damage multipliers. I would look up some guides to the WD for ideas. For sure, you need a 6th Zuni piece and a Dagger of Darts if you want to continue with a pet build.

The new WD set will move you up in the Torment/GR levels darn quick.

1 Like

You don’t have to be a math genius to understand some math/mechanic behind the game. That comes when min maxing, not in early or mid game.

I didn’t play during vanilla, which I understand that numbers were much smaller and simple back then, but D3 these days is about stacking multiplier, and knowing how to use it effectively. For instance, most skills are simple increase from weapon damage (xx skill deals 450% weapon damage, like that). What ‘multiplier’ does is multiply the damage on top of that. Take Zunimassa 6 piece bonus for example. It’s a whopping 15,000% increase. This means Gargantuan that will normally only hit 450% of your weapon damage will deal around 68,000% damage (if you’re not into numbers, don’t think how that number is reached, just compare how ridiculously high that is compare to before).

Popular Zunimassa set build is to use Fetishes as your main damage source. But your current focus seems to be on Gargantuan.

1. Drop your current helm and wear Zunimassa helm to enable the 6 piece bonus (there are other ways to swap out gear and such, but let’s not dab into that now).
  2. If you have Mask of Jeram in your cube list, put that in your cube armor slot instead of Sebor’s Nightmare.
  3. Change Grasp of the Dead rune to Unbreakable Grasp. This way you can spam it as an activator for Zuni 6 piece.
  4. Drop Firebomb. You don’t need it. Drop Zombie Dog. In your current set up it does very little damage, and will only clog the path of Garg and Fetishes. Change them to something like Spirit Walk, Soul Harvest.
  5. Change Spiritual Attunement passive to something like Pierce the Veil. Highly doubt you would need Zombie Handler passive either (same goes for Fierce Loyalty, which is just an utility passive for speed). Change them to something like Fetish Sycophants or Spirit Vessel.

That’s it for now. Try it, after you get use to it, read the link by Morgan to improve further.

And do some Greater Rifts to get legendary gems. They are way way more impactful than simple gems.

edit: and I just noticed, Morgan’s link does have Zuni Garg build in it, albeit not using Grasp of the Dead as activator xD

oh yeah, this goes same for your other chars. you don’t seem to focus on stacking multipliers but wear pieces from there and pieces from others. try to focus on getting full set bonus.

1 Like

this is VERRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY strange post! i play since release only WD and you seems like TROLL! this is not offense. simple reason:
I FIND IN 5 SEC MANY VERY GOOD ZUNI BUILDS WITH GOOGLE!

Amazing help! Thanks for keeping it simple, I really appreciate it. Also, multipliers never occurred to me. My mentality has always been to increase the ‘base’ damage and thinking that’s the way everyone else was doing it and I think that’s why I couldn’t figure out how so many people have been doing outrageous amounts of damage and just flying through GR 70 and such. Incredible.