Need help with lod energy twister wizard

hello guys, never played wizard b4 so trying lod energy twister wizard this season and just have a small question…how often do i have to cast energy twister skill? cuz i know with the item etched sigil it will automatically cast, the thing is if i cast too much energy twister skill i will lose the effect of aquila cuirass which decrease 50% damage reduction…so i need help with this…

1 Like

You can take a look here under the gameplay section. Also note that you need plenty of resource cost reduction (RCD).

Note:

Since we spend a fair amount of Arcane Power, we won’t be guaranteed to have perma uptime on this buff.

https://maxroll.gg/guides/lod-twister-wizard-guide

If you use wave of force, only 1 manual cast is needed. Maybe 2 for faster stacks getting. With blackhole try to spam manual every time your arcane pool is full. And use channeling during all arcane phase on CoE

I use Pride’s Fall (helm) which reduces mana costs by 30% socketed with a topaz for further resource reduction. Coupled with Power of the Storm rune on Storm Armor makes it so I never run out of mana. What I like about this set-up is that Hergbrash’s Binding (belt) is no longer needed, allowing for the use of Krelm’s Buff Belt and a permanent 25% buff to movement speed (which is nice when you’re trying to keep up with those speedy wasteland DHs and spinning barbarians.

And I’ve never once cast Energy Twister manually - I just stand and channel while everything melts away.

I realize my build isn’t ‘optimal’ but I love the movement speed bonus, which is something the Wizard otherwise lacks through skills or sets. It’s good enough to solo GR120 and keep pace with my friends.

Why are you stacking area damage? if you are not casting twisters manually.

1 Like

Why are you stacking area damage?

If I remember correctly, I wanted to do area damage. Why, is there something else you would suggest?

Procs can’t proc proc’s.

If you are not manually casting Twisters, then you get no area damage.

Area damage will only proc from manually cast twisters.

2 Likes