Necromancer, lv. 70 (626)

Hello, kind friends,

I really need help from you on my Necromancer.
I am running LF’s build ( Ice Spear Gr 95+ Speedfarm Build) and i can’t understand how his diplayed damage is 5 time better using the same gear as he does :frowning:

My damage is 350k, his is way above 1 mil.

I’m trying to get a new stash tab and for that i have to finish a Nephalem Rift in less than 5 minutes and i’m doing it in 6. I have all the sets for this class, 90% of all legendaries (+their powers extracted in the Cube), BUT any build i try doesn’t pass 400,000 damage, no matter the combinations.

There is something i miss but i reallt can’t understand what.

I really need that stash tab and i can’t do it. The cold spear build allows me to farm lv. 75 GR easily and T14 difficulty for Nephalem or bounties, but i don’t understand why such huge difference in damage between my character and the characters i use with various builds (Innarius, Rathma, Skeletal Makes, Blood Nova, Corpse Lance). All these builds have 1,2-2 mil. damage WHILE not using many point of paragon for their main stat or not being full of Ancients (check Lord Fluffy’s builds…he is even reseting his paragon points for demonstration purposes).

What am i doing that wrong and how can i increase my build power to finish the rift in less than 5 minutes to earn de stash tab?

Thank you all very much! All your answers and help will be highlt appreciated.

You are severely lacking both CHC and CHD. Put emerald in to your weapon, roll CHD to your gauntlets and amulet.

As this is the New Player Help forum, we shouldn’t assume they’ll be familiar with the abbreviations for Critical Hit Chance (CHC) and (Critical Hit Damage (CHD) so the OP might find this useful…

I’ve done some tweaks according to what you said. I need to find another amulet because the one i have already has been rerolled for Cold%.
I’m doing enough dmg. in Nephalem Rifts, but the maps are so tricky and i lose a lot of time finding the Elites and the counter goes nuts… :frowning:

I don’t know if there is any chance to run a Skeletal Blood Mages or Singurality Mages for them to clean faster than i can do even the mobs on the screen and not only the Elites as i do for the progress bar to fill faster.
Can you recommend such build? I’ve tried 1-2, but i’m doing something wrong because they lack dmg. big time. I mean … i rock with the Cold spear to one-shot most of the monsters, while the Blood Mages or Singularity…omg…pity damage

One thing that helps in the “nephalem rift in X minutes” challenges is to only try them with one of the big open maps, and not just whatever map pops up. If you don’t get a big open map, exit game and try again. Makes a really big difference. Wearing Nems for the extra elites from shrines is also very helpful. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

For added CDR you can put a diamond in your helm as well.

After rearrenging a bit my gear (surely far from being now the best verios of it, but still…) i’ve managed to hit 650k damage and to complete the Conquest’s requirements and take my stash tab :slight_smile:

For that i thank you all! Yout advices were very helpful.

I will start now to reroll most of the gear. Is there any guide somewhere out there including infos about the importance on every stat on any piece of gear? Would be a good start for me reading such things…

There are guides out there, on Icy Veins and DiabloFans, for the Masquerade of the Burning Carnival Set. But, they vary in items and Skills from what I see you currently playing. Still, they may give you some ideas.

Note: Icy Veins build guides include at least 3 pages:

1. Introduction – Basic information about the build.
  2. Skills and Runes – Also includes information on Skill rotation.
  3. Gear, Gems & Paragon Points – Includes item Properties in order of priority. (What you’re asking about).

You’ll find the links (buttons) to these pages at the top of each page, under the “Pages in this Guide” section.

Icy Veins MotBC build guide:

DiabloFans list of current Necromancer builds

Grats on the stash tab :+1: