Necro survivability & Obsidian Zodiac ring

Hey guys. Some questions please for all the pros :

Thanks to people who have helped me create a LoD Corpse Lance / Explosion build, I jumped from gr86 all the way to gr99

Now I’m stuck at gr99 becuase I’m literrally made of glass. Despite being so careful I literally die in one hit .

I have Aquila and Golem pants, plus level 99 LOD gem. Dayntees binding . I’m like 800+ paragon. Not sure what else I can do.

Should I reroll for more vitality ? Armor ? Life ? I’m told because necro has such high INT I shouldn’t prioritize elemental resistance, but what other options do I have? Should I use Esoteric gem ? Widlerbeast gem ?

2nd question please … is it me or does Decripify not proc Zodiac cooldown per cast ? Isnt it an essence spender and thus should reduce cooldown by 1 second each cast? Doesnt feel like it does

Also final question … I really got uses to Illusiory boots… was a place holder but man are they a huge life saver and makes the game 100% more enjoyable. Are they considered end game boots at all ?

Thanks a lot !

Edit : one more question since I dont want to spam the forums… but what is considered a “high” solo GR level these days ? I remember the days when someone doing a solo GR50 was newsworthy Haha

First question - You can use Rubies or Emeralds in your armor to increase your armor stat, since you have lots of All Resist being an Int class. Augments are also a good way to improve both damage and toughness.

Second question - It doesn’t. Zodiac says when you “damage” an enemy with a resource spender, Curses don’t inflict damage (not directly, looking at you Frailty).

Third question - Illusory are good boots but the most common boots are Stuart’s Greeves for the move speed and Ice Climbers to negate Stone Gauntlets when you equip them.

1 Like

I thought everyone almost always uses Topaz in armor slots for necros? Doesnt that give me a ton more damage and DR?

Stacking on topaz gems will raise your damage and DR a bit, yes, but it won’t raise your defense near as much as literally any other gem type would. Even diamonds, which give all resist that you also get from intelligence, give more than you would get from topaz gems. So, you should first play around with switching gems out to see what seems to be giving you the most defense with your gear as is. And second, you should get some augments on your gear to further boost your stats.

2 Likes

There are some things you can do but inhale found over all the necro just pops at around gr100 or so.
Im fully augmented with a couple decent primals and some good gear and still very squishy.
Movement and avoiding death are key.
Stuart’s greaves and blood rush are imperative in my opinion for avoiding constant death.

Otherwise you have to change to a tanky nova build.

I have a level 80 Miranaie that’s apparently got nerfed since I last played , ap thinking of using that to augment a gear piece. What augment should I add for defense ?

Aug all your gear with Int.
If you can get all 13 pieces with 100 on them, and you can easily do that if you can handle level 99 gr, you get 6500 main stat.
Big bump to your damage and survivability.
Also lets you swap out for rubies in your armor.
If you can do 99 with no Aug, fully augmenting your gear should let you push a few more gr at least.

2 Likes

What do you mean with 100 on them ? Like level 100 gems? That takes a long time to level up 13 gems to 100

1 Like

Yeah, you want 13 gems leveled to 100.

The way I did it was to run level 50 rifts super fast, like 1:30 seconds until all 10 were to 50.
Then I went to level 60 and so on.
Always empower your rifts and if you’re doing low level you will blaze through them.
Getting them all to 80 should be pretty fast and easy.
And it gives you a goal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch…That’s at a minimum , 1300 grs. Wow.

Can I ask another questions ?

What bonus provides more damage?

+15% Cold Skill
Or
+15% Corpse Lance damage?

Which would cause Corplse lance with brittle tough do more damage?

You can raise a gem five levels with one GR, so it would be 260 GRs if it succeeded each time.

1 Like

Right but times 13 right ? For each gear piece you need a fully leveled up gem ?

There is a minimum level of gem to use in augments, but they don’t HAVE to be 100s. The problem is that if you augment the same piece again, the first is just wasted.

5 gem ups per GR. So 20 GR to get to 100.

Also a good reason to do low ones to get the extra upgrade each time.
If you’re efficient and don’t waste a lot of time in town you can easily do 40 GR an hour until you get up to needing say 5 mins per clear.

If 100 is too daunting, aim for 80’s. It’s still a great buff to your character.

Not to mention you will be getting some paragon as you level your gems so that’s a buff too.

Thanks man. I dont know what I was thinking before saying 1300 runs .

I may have to do that unfortunately. I am definitely 100% stuck on GR100 with my current LoD build and that’s with a ton of defense .

What I did to speed up the process was to make a tempest rush monk to just blow through the lower level gr super fast.
Leveled up a bunch of gems then switched back to do my augmenting.
All in all it was pretty fun and painless.