Necro Pestilence CL Build Needs More Attention

I really dont understand why this set got a buff to damage but not to toughness. The Pestilence CL build is still very weak in terms of survivability. This build needs a lot more toughness and sustain, and possibly a little more damage.

Suggestion:
Each enemy hit with a Corpse Lance, Corpse Explosion or Bone Spear reduces the Necromancer’s damage taken by 2% 3% for 15 seconds, stacking up to a maximum of 50% 60% (4 pieces)

Also, It’s pretty annoying to play with a skill with a massive cooldown when you rely on that skill for corpses, im talking about Land of the Dead. Corpses are the main source of damage and sustain, and it gets pretty stressfull when you dont have any corpses and running around waiting for a skill for corpses. Please add a new item that either provides another source of corpses or something that lowers the cooldown of LotD. A new bracer or off-hand would be nice.

Maybe:
Each corpse you consume fires a Corpse Lance at a nearby enemy. Shed 2 corpses every 2 second. (2 pieces)

I really want to be able to main this build and play it as a DPS role and compete for a spot in the meta.

4 Likes

Yeah please add something with toughness and corpses OR cdr to the set itself.

Like lowering lotd cooldown specifically with this set by a set amount of seconds. Or buff its duration up. Its really only played with lotd anyways.

Also the general toughness of this build needs at least +50% of some source (you cant have aquila, otherwise you loose lots of cdr or damage) etc…

1 Like

Yeah… When we look at LoD vs Pest.

LoD: Multiplier 9750% Damage Reduction 52%
Can wear aquila for additional 50% DR

Pestilence: Multiplier 3300% Damage Reduction 50%
Can cube aquila but would be trading off damage (Corpsewhisper Pauldrons), which is unfair and sucks.

This is why most players are playing the LoD version. Would really love to see Pestilence get a buff to damage and toughness. Playstyle will be more fun if there’s another souce of corpse and/or something that helps keep LotD up more often.

1 Like

I agree that corpse production and damage reduction make this build very annoying to play. I’d like to see what possibilities for change here could work. This seems to be a necromancer problem rather than a pestilence set problem, though clearly pestilence would depend much more on these than others.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, definetly hoping for something. Just trying to make this set/build more fun and able to contribute better in a groups at higher GR levels.

While we are on this topic, Pestilence 6 pieces bonus needs some serious attention as well. Since Bone Spears is the focus of the new set, this Pestilence 6 pieces bonus need a competitive overhaul.

Fortunately, corpse lance is already a central theme to pestilence introduced via its 2 pieces bonus, why not make the change to its 6 pieces bonus to focus exclusively on Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion? Even at its new updated bonus of 3300%, both corpse lance and corpse explosion damage still severely pales in comparison to Crusader (single target) and WD (aoe dps) respectively and we are looking at about 10 GR difference in damage.

Suggestion:

• Increase Corpselance/Corpse Explosions damage bonus further from 3300% to 10000% on Pestilence 6 pieces bonus to close this 10 GR damage gap.
1 Like

Would love to test this out. I mainly got on PTR to try the new 3300% buff, one thing I did notice is that before and now, there are other classes/builds that just deals more damage and can survive better right away, while this set/build needs augments just to compete with other builds that doesnt have any augments. Definetly also needs something that helps with Damage Reduction and Sustain.