Name restriction?

Hello, I have a question. Can i get banned because of my battletag name (ElDiablo) and in game name (Marllboro)? Im playing on diablo immortal.

I wouldn’t think so. They are already pretty restrictive when it comes to BattleTags and hero names. The game won’t allow you to use a restricted name.

I have seen plenty of offensive hero names in the game, and have reported a few of them that were very vulgar or misogynistic, but I have no idea what effect that has.

I have never heard of anyone getting banned over a BattleTag or hero name, and yours are not offensive that I can tell.

Why would ElDiablo be offensive in a game called Diablo? I have seen plenty of names worse than a cigarette brand, some promoting harsh drug use and offensive acts, but they still seem to make it into the game with no consequences.

2 Likes

I understand. Thanks for response

Just because something is not picked up by the filter that covers restricted names (NPCs, Titles, etc), that does not make it ok.

Reporting names can get a forced name change and an in-game silence in DI. Repeated offenses can result in account closure - in theory.

However, Blizz does not go looking for bad names, it has to be reported by other players. I don’t see anything serious about the OP’s names. The Marlborough name is a place name, last name, estate name, etc. Not just a brand of tobacco product. I don’t think it would be likely reported. However, IF enough people did, I think the DI system will force a change and penalty.

Banned though? That takes a bit of work to get banned for a name such as something really horrific or repeat offenses.

1 Like