Name only one thing D2 is better than D3 and vice versa

There is no need to compare D2 vs D3 as this will draw us into another endless debate.

Sit back and appreciate only one thing D2 is better than D3 and only one thing D3 is better than D2. Just one thing, no more, no less.

For me, D2 is better than D3 in that it has a very dark feeling.
D3 is better than D2 in that each season is a little different with new update.

Edit 1: I don’t want this post to become a debate post. Everybody’s taste is different. I just want to appreciate both games by listing just one good thing.

1 Like

D2: 8 players in one game.

D3: The ease of being able to experience various styles of play with each class.

5 Likes

D3 used to be good post 1.04 to early RoS. Power creep ate it alive since then. I don’t really understand the point of playing it now.

2 Likes
  • D2 : The whole combination of gothic style, great art and music, etc

• D3 : The treasure goblin!!!

8 Likes

D2: Trading
D3: Game runs well

4 Likes

Lol all I could think of was

D2: Itemization and skills

D3: Treasure goblin and nemesis system

but thought that was too little, couldn’t think of much in D3 but I’ll add it since I see yours.

EDIT: Treasure goblin mainly because I loved the idea of it dragging you into bad situations over greed.

6 Likes

D2: Slower Pace.
D3: Kanai’s Cube.

D2: Cain is still alive.
D3: Better stash and inventory.

D2R: The graphics might be better now (I will need to play it to see).
D3: The updated follower system is far superior to D2/D2R (not even comparable).

D2: Gold had more meaning.
D3: Combat is superior.

4 Likes

D2: Itemization

D3: Fluent Combat System (though the long CD abilities have no place in a Diablo game - way too much WoW influence for my taste)

4 Likes

D2: The focus on skills empowering your player combined with item rarity makes for a long immersive leveling experience that makes you feel connected to what you are doing.

D3: Combat is fluid and versatile, animations are gorgeous and make you want to push the buttons to use the skill. This is not necessarily a fair comparison given the graphical advances of D3, so if we were to remove that from consideration, I would say the QoL re inventory, some of which is coming to D2R!

2 Likes

D4: Story.
D3: Graphics.
D2: Mechanics.

5 Likes

Diablo II > Best music composer is Matt Uelmen.
Diablo III > Not so good as Diablo II music composer.

D2- Itemization

D3- Can play it couch coop.

3 Likes

D2 - itemization

D3 - Ease of trying out new builds, as well as keeping your OP build while trying out off-meta things

1 Like

Diablo 3 > Shared stash space.

Diablo II. your choices feel like decisions and not just “how do i feel at this nanosecond”
o and this little thing called “trading”. maybe youve heard of it ;D

1 Like

I feel as tho a majority of the armor artwork is better given the time it was created along with the variety of stats

I PLayed a lot of D2 like a 3 years ago, I recetly bought D3, and I like it, Like a lot. I am going to say 2 things

I think that the removal of Potions and the ability to have the ability to bind all powers to keybinds are what I like a lot of d3

D2: The combination of skill structure (user choice leveled) and itemization (where mid tier items are useful at endgame - though not as much so for physical dmg after 1.10)
D3: Instanced Loot (though not loot 2.0)

1 Like

Best at:
D1: Atmosphere - lore
D2: Those special item drops are so rewarding when it happens
D3: Even bad builds can be viable and fun
DI: Portability?
D4: I hope all, haha

Worst at:
D1: Multiplayer was so tacked on
D2: It can be difficult to get that proper gear
D3: Game is essentially infinite, so setting goals can feel empty sometimes.
DI: No PC or Console
D4: I hope none

1 Like

D1: Lore and atmosphere (as uhdead said)
D2: Online Community oriented game
D3: NAH

i got a couple so but i’ll keep them even

things diablo 2 did better… ok well pretty much everything but…
Class builds, keeping everything at least “doable” at the highest difficulty setting, it may be inefficient it take 100x longer but if u want to kill dclone with a firewall sorc… you CAN, if u want to play a poison jav zon… u CAN, if u want to play bear druid… u CAN… its not very good… in fact its trash… but if you throw enough hr’s at it u can… there is no “infinite scaling” making all the the “best build” completely unplayable on higher rifts
2. item balancing, d2 balance was based around “pick a skill couple synergizing skills and make a build around it” d3 is “your forced to use X set” because it gives x skill 20,000% more damage

things d3 did better:
1.Ladder items being available on NL the season after they were released, seriously its been 17 years… can i have my insight and infinity and sprit and pride on NL now? TY
2. being able to TP to a party member, i love kanei’s cube changing your look of your stuff getting a special effect of a unique, dyes, all of it being “free”, and shared stash but we got that now too

1 Like