N6M2 Ethereal Buriza Cluster Arrow

The power seems to be there in certain situations, and not in others. Now I am running zCHC due to the Buriza effect and the guaranteed Freeze from the cold RoV rune. M2 toughness with Zoey as well as the bonus from multi pets.

I can face-roll through 105, but then get to the point of tickling at 107. Now, I only have lvl 25 gems and no augs, but I’m blown away that it is such a quick cliff between 2 GR.

Any suggestions? (I’ve tested MS with this setup, and it is weak AF.)

Is there a reason why you opted to run with N6 instead of M6? Also, while the freeze effect and the guaranteed crit on freeze is very nice, people have to remember that mobs build up cc immunity rather quickly. This means the duration of your freezes become pitiful after about 30 seconds of fighting a ball of enemies.

The effect is much better in speeds because you can kill things rather quickly during the first few freeze procs, but when pushing, you can’t go zchc and rely on freeze procs as you’ll severely gimp your damage for doing so.

So, just upping the base CHC will fix lots? Not hard, but disappointing to be unusable as a build defining weapon.

That’s just how GR scaling works. I dont know about your paragon, but that low of gems and no augs is pretty impressive for that GR level.

None of the ethereal weapons were meant to be build defining. The crit on freeze is a mechanic they added so that DH’s aren’t automatically booted from groups due to the hard CC, as this was a complaint stated by many people, most notably content creators.

Outside of that, it does mean that you can get away with having a critless quiver (super hard to roll) or some critless jewelry until you get the rolls you want, but in most slots, there aren’t competitive rolls that you’d even trade crit chance for. For example, helm, bracers and gloves don’t really have sought after affixes that you’d trade crit chance for. One can argue more toughness, but that’s not really an issue for GoD6. You can argue the same for jewelry, as avg damage becomes a terrible stat due to the insanely high damage of the ethereal buriza and attack speed only makes things worse.

If anything, it’s the lack of other viable alternatives that makes removing chc from most gear sorta moot.

I’d argue sacking CHC for vit. More vit = bigger shield = longer squirts.

A few vit rolls isn’t going to change much. Most individuals would be hard pressed to keep up squirts a significant amount of time in high GR’s even with an elusive ring, which is worth more than a few slots of extra vit in terms of toughness. Remember that with CC immunity means giving up chc is still a damage loss, just not as much as before.

After playing a few hundred hours of PTR, I just don’t think it’s worth sacking a lot of CHC for either speeds or high GR’s in favor of an uncontrollable freeze proc that mobs build up high immunity to relatively quickly. A few rolls on difficult items, sure (quiver), but a full critless set of gear is not good.

I was getting a one track mind about the GoD set. So disregard what I said. lol

Meh.

Just means the end of another boring PTR to me.

Thanks for the replies!

Understood. Tonight is my last night of playing PTR (it comes down tomorrow i assume) and I plan on going out with a last “hurrah” of sorts by attempting to do a zero CHC god6 push to see how high I can go.

I will be streaming this live if you’re interested in seeing the results.

Of course! See u on Twitch!