N6 Spike Trap Scores #1 on Non-Season PTR Leaderboard

The anti climatic explanation: it only cleared GR104, but it was enough to secure #1. (how sad for Nats, lol)

The gameplay was so bad on this skill that my video capture software didn’t want to cooperate. So no video proof, but you can go to PTR and see the gear setup on the Natalya’s set leaderboard.

The Spike Trap skill should give insane utility to justify its existence. I say this because the blasts from Spike Trap are dinky, you expect an enormous explosion with some bass heavy audio, but you get this low impact metal shredding sound.

I recommend just giving the Spike Trap’s runes some really good utility effects:

1. A 24 yard pull effect upon dropping a trap.
  2. Enemies hit by Spike Trap deal 25% less damage for 8 seconds.
  3. On the Spender detonated rune: enemies hit by Spike Trap’s detonation take 50% increased damage from your Primary Skills
  4. On a the Generator detonated rune: enemies hit by Spike Trap’s detonation take 50% increased damage from your Secondary Skills

Apart from satiating my curiosity, I have no interest in playing Spike Trap unless they rework the entire skill and its mechanics.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it have been easier to use the soul shard that spawns the clone at low hp? Could have cleared a much high GR with spike traps and stuff on your skill bar and confused everyone!

There is a GR150 clear already on the Nats season board, but really I wanted to learn how hard Spike Trap hits and how well it performs in the baseline game, without the temporary buffs from the soul shards.

Trap Blasts were as high as 7-8T, and the entangling shot generator and RoV were contributing a little bit, even with mismatched elements.

True, either spike traps need a HUGE damage buff, or a smaller buff with some quick mechanic. For example, an item that deploys spike traps when you cast cluster arrow or rain of vengeance (akin to blade of the tribes for earthquake and avalanche) as well as boosting spike traps itself. Another idea would be that bolas drop a spike trap on hit.

We do have Helltrapper which has a 10% to cast either Spiketrap, Sentries or Caltrops. Pair it with The Demon’s Demise and I think I could make something work…

Haha, avoid Spike Trap at all costs.