N00b, Primal help?

Okay, been playing super casual for years. Never really spent a lot of time in D-III. But, yesterday, I did my Greater Rift 70, Solo. Was super hyped (Please don’t laugh at me you Uber Massive Players.) But, I did not get a Primal Drop? Was this supposed to happen? Everywhere I have read says you get one after completing a GR-70, Solo successfully. If that is the case, where did it go? Am I missing something? If this is NOT the case, just let me know, I will keep grinding, got a lot more time to play now as I am unemployed, and going through Cancer treatments. LOL Hey, does Blizzard have a Legendary that fixes that?

If you did it in season, and killed rift guardian within time limit, you should get The Primal Soul-O achievement:

A primal would be dropped on the ground like all other loots.

If you did it in non-season, there is no respective achievement and no primal would drop. Primal did unlock though there is no indicator. You may check the cap of Blood Shards. If it is >= 1200, that means you had completed GR70+ solo before.

If it is the former case but no primal dropped, then it may be a bug. You may report it on Bug Report forum. Unfortunately, there is nothing can be done.

Yep, checked all that first thing. Got the achievement, just no Primal. And FYI, great post, Screenshot and everything. Top Tier Bro.

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally miss it? The primal has a red beam rather than an orange beam when unidentified lying on the ground. Once identified, it has a red border instead of orange/gold. It can also be anything, even not related to your character class.

And when it’s comingled among a bunch of other orange beams, it can be hard to spot. When I got my first seasonal primal a couple of seasons ago, I couldn’t see the red beam and thought that I didn’t get one, but once I ID’d them all, found out I did. I could have easily salvaged it if I wasn’t paying attention.

Of course it was for a monk and I was playing DH, so I ended up salvaging it anyways.

1 Like

Well, there is ALWAYS the possibility, I am not going to say I am perfect, but when I am running solo, I tend to take my time. I get EVERYTHING, even the garbage. So not impossible, but HIGHLY improbable. No problem I guess, others will drop for me right? I mean, that wasn’t my only chance was it?

Nope, that wasn’t your only chance. Once you unlock primals they can drop at any time. You can also get them thru crafting and upgrading.

Picking up everything is a good thing, at least until you get your mats built up :slight_smile:

Thanks to all you folks that responded here, I got me 2 Primals yesterday, in back to back GRift runs at Level 60. Kind of strange that the RNG was being so nice all of a sudden. They were both sort of crap, but hey, they were something.

2 Likes

In addition to the Red Beam, Primal drops have a distinct red Icon (not a legendary Star) on the ground when viewing via the Map layout.