My second time playthrough in alpha - short opinion

I played through twice: With a fire-sorc (for Andy/Countess-runs-reasons obviously^^) lvl24 atm and a Barb lvl19
Just started a Amazon.
My short and unprofessional opinion? I just f**ing love it! There are all these little improvements, which in no way destroy the original feeling. It is still LOD. I love the new colourisation of the runes. Much easier to spot, although my keen D2 senses still hear the drops immediately :slight_smile:
The sound seems to have been improved. It sounds awesome, the ambience especially, The new rain in act one looks at last like rain and not like pixel-hail.
If you are a veteran, you almost instantly get into the old D2-feeling. I made runewords and knew what I have to to as if I never stopped playing.
I found some awesome lvl9-PVP Charms and hope that I cane relive the old lvl9-PVP-Days :slight_smile: I hope they implement online soon for testing, so this glorious side of LOD can be tested as well.
In short, I am so lucky to have been picked for alpha to playtest. So far, the only major bug I have found is the occasional missing of my merc. He just vanishes from time to time when walking longer distances.

jus my 2 cents… believe me, It will be a glorious game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found a better bow in Dark Woods, while my merc was missing and was not able to swap the new bow in.

That is a bug too.

I had to tp to town to swap out the bows.