My LoD build - 'stun lock'

Hi

I play on console, so I can’t link you this build , so I pasted it down below.

I am climbing up through GRs with it now at 81, whilst levelling my gems that are 81-82 right now.

I played with ring of emptiness on cube and on fingers , but I found the squirt and pet booster ring combination was better.

I love this build because it feels very safe, but also strong .

Playstyle :-

You lead with horrify , or run into a big group with spirit walk, then use horrify, then soul harvest them. By that time the pets are half way through killing them , so to add a little more power I haunt them. Because of the head piece and the passive there is nearly always no downtime on the horrify cool down, so this build is like a ‘stun lock’ (old rogue WoW reference) build that can permanently stop masses of mobs. Of course mobs off screen that you haven’t run too can lob ranged damage, but because you don’t need spirit walk so much , you can use it for those situations.

The low mana cost means Aquila is always up and the skills on soul harvest and horrify mean armour is very high for a lot of the time……you are moving all the time , so the hexing pants work well, you only briefly stop to dab a few haunts, it is not worth spamming them too much. I love the way using haunt calls up the belt of transcendence fetishes…so you can use haunt like a power up tool not just the damage over time but also the extra pets. I found the fetish passive didn’t bring up as many fetishes as the belt can.

I think it very likely someone else has made the same, or a very similar build, I didn’t copy this from a website - I am not a pro player, I am very casual.

Maybe this build will be fun for others to try, and maybe more experienced players can give their advice on it….thanks.

_______________________________build below

Gear

1. Head - Tikland
    1. Shoulder - skeleton king
    1. Chest - Aquila
    1. Hand - Tasker
    1. Weapon - echoing fury
    1. Offhand - Henri perq
    1. Boots - illusion
    1. Waist - transcendence
    1. Legs - hexing pant
    1. Ring1 - small man
    1. Ring 2 - tall man
    1. Neck - hellfire
    1. Wrist - lakumba

Gems

• Enforcer

• Trapped

• LoD

• Intelligence in all (health in head- green on weapon)

Cube

• The furnace

• Jeram

• Squirts

Skills

• Soul harvest-languish

• Haunt - resentful spirits

• Spirit walk - severance

• Horrify - frightening aspect

• Zombie dogs- burning dogs

• Gargantuan - humongoid

Passives

• Zombie handler

• Midnight feast

• Grave injustice

• Pierce the veil

• (Spirit vessel on neck)

Well I’m glad your having fun with it and that’s the most important! One of my advices would be to skip the zombie dog ring, it doesn’t do very much compared to have more dogs for meat shields and can utilize leaching beasts for life regain.

Replace that ring with convention of elements for added damage on your gargs, paranado skill is very useful as well to group up the mobs when pushing further. You can also use a different helm like Leorics crown, I’m not sure if horror skill works like “stun” because if it does, mobs will eventually become immune to it once you get high enough and use it too much on them.