My game keeps disconnecting. error 1016 and freezing!

My game keeps getting disconnected - error 1016 I think
It also has been freezing occasionally. I have gig internet that is solid.
MacBook Pro mid 2012. puzzling, and frustrating. So far, my one toon hasn’t died… (maybe I should make another, but I wanted to reach 70)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: 261.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

What OS are you running from? We need that info too. Also, just because you have gigabit internet does not mean that you can’t experience disconnects, since those are connection related, not bandwidth related.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I am running the latest OS X and my graphic settings are low or off. thanks
APFS

Hey, GondorNative! These concerns are typically related to connection routing issues to the game server. Does this same problem happen on an alternative connection or VPN? These are common workarounds for connectivity issues to the game servers, which may help until the core cause of the connection issues is found.

To try to find where the problem is happening, could you include a pathping test to check out? Run this test until it reaches 30 hops. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

1 Like

Thanks

The problem seems to have stopped for now. I didn’t do anything.
Thanks for y our replies! If it starts again, I try what you suggested Caterpepi

Thank you for the update, GondorNative! Glad to hear it resolved on its own. There was probably some backend fixes from one of the peering networks that was done. If it gives the error again, the connection test is greatly appreciated!

1 Like