MSI Afterburner stats missing

Hi! I encounter different behavior while using Afterburner + HWinfo when playing to see on-screen display stats. The on-screen display is missing after few minutes of playing. It doesn’t happen in any other game. I’m using the latest version of Afterburner and HWInfo. Any suggestions?

1 Like

hey there,

same thing happens to me. what happens here is that the rtss overlay just crashes ingame so the only way to get it back is to either restart the msi afterburner and rtss or restart the game.

otherwise no suggestions until either blizz or the rtss developer fixes this issue. idk which one is to blame here but to be honest this also happens in WoW for me and apart from that no other game has ever had issues like this. i’Ve played hundreds of games since i use the msi afterburner and rtss overlay… so considering those two games most likely use completely different engines (WoW is a heavily modified Warcraft 3 engine and idk on what D2(&D2R) runs but i doubt its the same engine and even if i it would be an unbelievable random occurrence if both games from completely different dev teams had the same in-engine bug. so i honestly assume its a bug in the rtss overlay :frowning: but as said, this is just an assumption from myself, even though i’m quite experienced with game engines and stuff :wink:

so you can do nothing apart from hoping that the bug will be fixed, regardless if its the blizzard devs fault or rtss’s (frankly i don’t care who’s fault it is and if the bug is in rtss or the blizzard games as long as it gets fixed :P)

best regards

1 Like

Same thing here. Only happens with this game.

Same here. The overlay disappears after around 10 minutes.

You can use the in game FPS counter if you want. /FPS in the chat I think it is.

Doesn’t fix the issue, but its a work around.

Any of you also experienced a drop in performance when your overlay disappears? I create a thread not too long ago regarding this, and it looks like the OSD is tripping up something within the game (one user suggested it being some sort of anti-cheat software). Disabling my OSD for D2R fixed the performance issues.