Most wizards would trade a new set for better class specific items

Here’s a list of every class-specific Wizard item that’s currently vendor trash.

Winter Flurry
Mirrorball
Myken’s Ball of Hate
Light of Grace
Singularity
The Oculus
Primordial Soul
The Smoldering Core
Valthek’s Rebuke
Starfire
Blackhand Key
Serpent’s Sparker
Fragment of Destiny
Gesture of Orpheus
Slorak’s Madness
Dark Mage’s Shade
Archmage’s Vicalyke
Velvet Camaral
The Magistrate
Storm Crow
Moonlight Ward
Mandel Heal
Jang’s Envelopment

Almost all of these items haven’t been touched since Reaper of Souls, and while you may see some in LoN builds, none of these items are optimal for any wizard build, niche or playstyle and could do with some seriously huge damage multipliers, or complete redesigns.

Why make another set when the itemisation for the class is on such shaky foundations?

4 Likes

Your logic would apply to all classes, we all wish there were more viable choices for our hero’s than the few that we have.

Yeah, I feel like the vanilla classes have been shafted so some degree. Although in terms of items useful to any set or conceivable build, the Wizard is unique in just how great the % of its items are complete vendor trash.

They tried to solve this by, instead of actually addressing the problem, having channelling add a x10 multiplier (via deathwish and etched sigil) to any spender that could be cast while channelling, and as a result, the entire class performance is judged by a couple of outliers.

With the demon hunter or monk, I feel like most of the items have a purpose, even though overall, the ultimate performance of the class is weaker, with Wizard, it’s amazing just how much of the classes legendaries are gimmicky and useless.

One can look at the diversity of select items in some instances and wonder why blizzard made so many.

Example
~https://www.d3planner.com/game/50649/kadala~

For example look at how many rings a wiz can find. Is that overkill?

Be prepared for a lot of hate.

I made a similar topic telling Blizzard they don’t need to add new items, all they need to do is update the dozens of unused and underpowered items already in the game.

1 Like

Make Wizardspike great again!

2 Likes

Logan’s Claw
Erlang Shen
See No Evil
Bezoar Stone

All the above Monk items would love a word with you. :stuck_out_tongue:

We all need help with this. Monk has the most class legendaries without a power at all.

Indeed. I’ve been saving a near-perfect ancient Orpheus for like 2 years now. Looks like I have no use for it after all.

Remember how BiS it used to be back in the day? Everyone was obsessed with getting the perfect rolls.

If they ever did update GGO then the one you’d currently own wouldn’t change. Best to keep it as a relic just in case though.

Nah I scrapped it yesterday, DMO renders it obsolete. I’m holding onto near-perfect ancients Woh & Serpent Sparker though.

sheds a tear
So long sweet prince.